? Regarding surrogacy

? Regarding surrogacy

Adee
Adee

October 27th, 2011, 5:21 pm #1

Hello girls,
I'm tempted to answer for an add "resurrogate mom required".

This couple is offering 45k$, but I'm thinking to suggest the service for full coverage of all medical expences and an embr...
How crazy is that?
You think I could at 47?

What needs to be checked?
I'm open to any advice

Adee

Adee
Adee

October 27th, 2011, 6:41 pm #2

I'm too excited
The couple agreed to meet me with my fertility md.!
The meeting is on Tuesday !

I'm so excited about this move!

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 27th, 2011, 6:55 pm #3

wow, that is quick. I thought you were trying to get pregnant? Would you be OK with this - it would mean you would have to stop trying (for yourself I mean). If this is what you want to do, I am really excited for you. It is a selfless gift to carry someone else's child (no matter how much money they give you). And for those women that can't carry their own, it is definitely a gift for them.

Adee
Adee

October 27th, 2011, 7:49 pm #4

I have something to give - but I also want to get something from them. so it's not that selfless.

I just came back from a Friend who says that all this is a cruel act of brothers separation! and if the child will find out that he/she was born as a result of a deal.
I don't see it like this.

I just got another call from the lady who needs the service.
We chatted for a few more minutes. she's so sweet. she told me that they had several IVFs w/o success.
they are concerned about the possibility of going through this here in Israel.
The law, allows surrogacy only for women under 38.

we will need to work out something.

October 28th, 2011, 10:47 am #5

Hello girls,
I'm tempted to answer for an add "resurrogate mom required".

This couple is offering 45k$, but I'm thinking to suggest the service for full coverage of all medical expences and an embr...
How crazy is that?
You think I could at 47?

What needs to be checked?
I'm open to any advice

Adee
Would be twofold. Firstly, considering your age, you (and I am almost the same age as you so this applies to me also) will be at higher risk of pregnancy complications like Pre-term delivery, eclampsia, diabetes etc. I think your doctor may make that clear when you meet. If I were a couple who produced eggs that fertilized and what I needed most was a surrogate, I don't know that I would choose a carrier who was likely to have age related complications.

My other concern would be that you hope to get a baby out of this too yes ? That in exchange for your surrogacy, you would have an embryo (or more than one) for transfer yourself. I don't subscribe to your friend's view that this is "separating brothers" (because many U.S cycles are done in this way) but how will you feel if you successfully carry their child and then do not fall pregnant with any excess embryos ? So in effect, they have their baby but you do not ? Or if the first pregnancy doesn't go to term and they wish to transfer the remaining embryos to you or another surrogate ?

I don't mean to pour cold water on your enthusiasm but your (our) age means we are not top choices as gestational carriers and I think you might all need some counseling around the issue of exchanging an embryo for the service. Meeting with your doctor together sounds like a great place to start. I think it's a huge undertaking (remembering that pregnancy comes with health risks even for young women) so I think it shows you to be a very selfless person to consider doing this for them.

Good luck to all of you

Al

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 28th, 2011, 12:23 pm #6

Thank you so much for your insightful response.

I have thought of different situations that may result from this action and you described some.
This is why we going to meet at my doctor’s.
I don’t keep my hopes too high for this quite unusual idea.
I am a realistic person – but also adventurous and resourceful.
I believe that I’ll keep you posted regarding

Adee
Adee

October 28th, 2011, 12:24 pm #7

it was me

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 28th, 2011, 3:54 pm #8

Would be twofold. Firstly, considering your age, you (and I am almost the same age as you so this applies to me also) will be at higher risk of pregnancy complications like Pre-term delivery, eclampsia, diabetes etc. I think your doctor may make that clear when you meet. If I were a couple who produced eggs that fertilized and what I needed most was a surrogate, I don't know that I would choose a carrier who was likely to have age related complications.

My other concern would be that you hope to get a baby out of this too yes ? That in exchange for your surrogacy, you would have an embryo (or more than one) for transfer yourself. I don't subscribe to your friend's view that this is "separating brothers" (because many U.S cycles are done in this way) but how will you feel if you successfully carry their child and then do not fall pregnant with any excess embryos ? So in effect, they have their baby but you do not ? Or if the first pregnancy doesn't go to term and they wish to transfer the remaining embryos to you or another surrogate ?

I don't mean to pour cold water on your enthusiasm but your (our) age means we are not top choices as gestational carriers and I think you might all need some counseling around the issue of exchanging an embryo for the service. Meeting with your doctor together sounds like a great place to start. I think it's a huge undertaking (remembering that pregnancy comes with health risks even for young women) so I think it shows you to be a very selfless person to consider doing this for them.

Good luck to all of you

Al
There are screenings for potential surrogates and they like for them to have had their own children already.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 28th, 2011, 8:24 pm #9

Confirmation of reply: