Recent natural cycle results (BFP and M/C mentioned)

Recent natural cycle results (BFP and M/C mentioned)

April 1st, 2012, 8:06 pm #1

I just wanted to share some small success after almost a year of trying to conceive post Asherman treatment (Asherman treatment was successful) with no succcess. I'm 43 years old, will be 44 end of May.

I've been taking Ubiquinol along with other antioxidants. Ubiquinol has been found to be best absorbed by people over 40 in recent research and a scientific paper will be published sometime in April worldwide confirming this via several references based on numerous studies. I know this because I personally know the MD who has had their research paper recently accepted for publishing this data.

Since I have responded well to visual imagery in the past, I decided to pursue hypnotherapy with a hypnotherapist at Rocky Mountain Hypnotherapy who works with women on fertility challenges.

I don't know what to attribute my BFP (which did only result in a m/c, with AF delayed 5 days), but I can say that I respond well to visual imagery and mediation techniques and for what's it's worth, I found the sessions w/ the hypnotherapist to be very empowering. And, this was my BFP within a almost an entire year of trying with natural cycles.

One of my biggest challenges is going to be reducing my stress levels, which I'm working on.

That being said I realize I'm 43 years old (almost 44), but there have been several women even at 45 who have gotten pregnant via the hypnotherapist's work. He has written a book called "The Mind-Body Fertility Connection". I'm not trying to sell his work, but if you are open to this type of work, it might be worth a shot to try something like this out. He is located in Denver, so I had to fly out there to do sessions with him. He also has a massage therapist who does Mayan abdominal massage and amazing energy work, along w/ regular body massage, and an acupuncturist who works in conjuntion with his treatment sessions. He also has trained several practioners throughout the states who do this type of work.

Just wanting to share some additional options for women trying to conceive, even ones going the IVF route.

I've decided to skip IVF since I've done these in the past and find them to be very stressful, even mini-IVF, so I'm just doing natural cycles. It may not work out, but I know that I need to reduce my stress and most clinics wouldn't even take me at my age for an IVF cycle. I did cycle at Dr. Zhang's at New Hope years ago, and he completely missed my ovulation even when though we were using mini-stims. He never gave me Ganirelix to postpone ovulation, which was one of the main contributing factors. So, I spent a lot of money on meds, flight, hotel, not to mention part of his IVF procedure all to no avail because he missed my ovulation, which my hometown RE never missed because he always used Ganerilix as part of his IVF protocol prior to retrieval. Dr. Zhang didn't think the Ganerilix was neccessary since we were doing low stim. He later remarked that it would have been better if I had come in a day before for him to better assess my ovulation timeframe even though I was being closely monitored in my hometown and his staff coordinated my IVF schedule, including retrieval.

Best of luck to everyone!

BabyDance
BabyDance

April 1st, 2012, 9:57 pm #2

And since you did catch that egg, keep going, you've got a good shot. What dosage did your MD recommend and any time to take the ubiquinol? Thanks again. Good luck to you.

mm
mm

April 2nd, 2012, 3:37 pm #3

I just wanted to share some small success after almost a year of trying to conceive post Asherman treatment (Asherman treatment was successful) with no succcess. I'm 43 years old, will be 44 end of May.

I've been taking Ubiquinol along with other antioxidants. Ubiquinol has been found to be best absorbed by people over 40 in recent research and a scientific paper will be published sometime in April worldwide confirming this via several references based on numerous studies. I know this because I personally know the MD who has had their research paper recently accepted for publishing this data.

Since I have responded well to visual imagery in the past, I decided to pursue hypnotherapy with a hypnotherapist at Rocky Mountain Hypnotherapy who works with women on fertility challenges.

I don't know what to attribute my BFP (which did only result in a m/c, with AF delayed 5 days), but I can say that I respond well to visual imagery and mediation techniques and for what's it's worth, I found the sessions w/ the hypnotherapist to be very empowering. And, this was my BFP within a almost an entire year of trying with natural cycles.

One of my biggest challenges is going to be reducing my stress levels, which I'm working on.

That being said I realize I'm 43 years old (almost 44), but there have been several women even at 45 who have gotten pregnant via the hypnotherapist's work. He has written a book called "The Mind-Body Fertility Connection". I'm not trying to sell his work, but if you are open to this type of work, it might be worth a shot to try something like this out. He is located in Denver, so I had to fly out there to do sessions with him. He also has a massage therapist who does Mayan abdominal massage and amazing energy work, along w/ regular body massage, and an acupuncturist who works in conjuntion with his treatment sessions. He also has trained several practioners throughout the states who do this type of work.

Just wanting to share some additional options for women trying to conceive, even ones going the IVF route.

I've decided to skip IVF since I've done these in the past and find them to be very stressful, even mini-IVF, so I'm just doing natural cycles. It may not work out, but I know that I need to reduce my stress and most clinics wouldn't even take me at my age for an IVF cycle. I did cycle at Dr. Zhang's at New Hope years ago, and he completely missed my ovulation even when though we were using mini-stims. He never gave me Ganirelix to postpone ovulation, which was one of the main contributing factors. So, I spent a lot of money on meds, flight, hotel, not to mention part of his IVF procedure all to no avail because he missed my ovulation, which my hometown RE never missed because he always used Ganerilix as part of his IVF protocol prior to retrieval. Dr. Zhang didn't think the Ganerilix was neccessary since we were doing low stim. He later remarked that it would have been better if I had come in a day before for him to better assess my ovulation timeframe even though I was being closely monitored in my hometown and his staff coordinated my IVF schedule, including retrieval.

Sorry to hear that it did not work out - but I am happy that you are getting something working on your own and I agree on the ivf - that stresses me out even more too.

We are sort of trying naturally (although I have pretty much given up) and am ok with it. I hope it works out for you. I had a "natural" pg in 2010 after 11yrs of drugs and RE's and I had started vitex and ubiquinol (sp?) so I think it helps for sure.

Best of luck to you on your journey ((hugs))

anne
anne

April 2nd, 2012, 8:40 pm #4

did you start taking the vitex on your own or was it recommended by a professional?

honestly, i think there is something to this whole megadose coq10 thing.

Kim
Kim

April 3rd, 2012, 1:40 am #5

All the RE's I have seen said it was ok to take the COQ10, and my current RE suggested it before I asked about it. So I too think there is something to the COQ10. A few friends on another 40+ TTC board got lucky after taking 600-800mg per day for a few months...some not taking it consistently even got lucky.

mm
mm

April 4th, 2012, 10:41 am #6

did you start taking the vitex on your own or was it recommended by a professional?

honestly, i think there is something to this whole megadose coq10 thing.
I started taking it on my own.

anne
anne

April 4th, 2012, 3:13 pm #7

did you take vitex continuously or only at certain times in your cycle?

April 6th, 2012, 7:43 pm #8

I take Fertility Blend throughout my entire cycle. It has a proprietary blend of Vitex, Arginine, Selenium and Green Tea extract. I don't know the exact amount of Vitex, so I can't speak to that, although I have had 2 BFP's while taking Fertility Blend, and it has been formally studied at Stanford and proven effective for women with PCOS or luteal phase defect (which is what I have due to increased FSH). My highest was 39.5 2 months ago, but I think in part it is driven by stress, which I have had a lot of lately in my life due to a family member illness.

I take 400 mg of Ubiquinol daily. If you take CoQ10, I would take dosages in the 600mg range at least if you are 40+ since they have found that everyone (male and female) start to show age related declines in breaking down the Ubiquinone (CoQ10) into Ubiqinol.

I also take 2000mg of Vitamin C, 1600 IU of Vitamin E and 300 mg of Alpha Lipoic acid daily, along with prenatal vitamins and Nordic Naturals Fish Oil (2 capsules daily of their highest concentrated capsules).

I'm a firm believer in the stress factor though because my BFP's always happened while on vacation. Didn't result in full term pregnancy, but this last one was the same way in sort. I had traveled to Colorado for the hypnosis work and also took a break from normal routine, and got some R&R in that was most needed.

So, I think if you can reduce your stress levels in any way, and stop putting pressure on yourself (which is so easy to do with this stuff, I have found), and get exercise and improve your diet you are increasing your odds towards a positive outcome, even if that just ends up with a better improved you. I do think positive affirmations are helpful with this type of work because I myself have been fed so much negative feedback from MDs that it stole my energy to some degreee. I realized this while doing the hypnosis work because we worked thru this stuff and these images. And even if this doesn't work, I realize I haven't spent a huge sum of money on IVF and medications that I'm going to be broke at the end even if I don't have a success.

Confirmation of reply: