Question on Do.n.g Q.ua.i

Question on Do.n.g Q.ua.i

Kim
Kim

August 10th, 2012, 2:13 pm #1

Is it save to take dong quai? Has anyone had any negative impact to taking this herb? I've been considering it to help with my blood flow, but then an endo recently prescribed loven.ox, so afraid to start two different things at once.

Any advice on whether to add the dong quai?

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

August 10th, 2012, 8:39 pm #2

i took it on my successful cycle. in fact, i took it all 3 times i got pg and miscarried. i took a combination called dong quai evodia. never got pg without it, even with DS. i wasn't on blood thinners or any immune treatment with DS or the 3 MCs, but i was with this pregnancy. and i'm not just on a prophylactic dose, i'm on full dose lovenox.

Kim
Kim

August 10th, 2012, 8:59 pm #3

tell me how much dong quai do you take? I know you had a fluffy lining!!

Where did you purchase your Dong Quai?

anne
anne

August 12th, 2012, 2:33 am #4

i took it on my successful cycle. in fact, i took it all 3 times i got pg and miscarried. i took a combination called dong quai evodia. never got pg without it, even with DS. i wasn't on blood thinners or any immune treatment with DS or the 3 MCs, but i was with this pregnancy. and i'm not just on a prophylactic dose, i'm on full dose lovenox.
hey broody, how's everything coming along? n/t

Kim
Kim

August 13th, 2012, 4:16 pm #5

tell me how much dong quai do you take? I know you had a fluffy lining!!

Where did you purchase your Dong Quai?
when do you take dong quai during your cycle. did you take it during your fe.mera cycle and at what times (e.g. cycle day 1 to O)?

Thanks again!

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

August 21st, 2012, 9:02 pm #6

my acupuncturist prescribed it to me. she said you aren't supposed to take it during the first couple/few days of your period during the heaviest flow. then i took 4 capsules 2x day. sun ten chinese herbal extracts TANG-KUEI & EVODIA COMBINATION 830. stop with either positive pregnancy test or AF - preferably the former

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

August 21st, 2012, 9:10 pm #7

hey broody, how's everything coming along? n/t
hi anne.
thanks so much for asking. i'm doing well - actually made it to 15 weeks and counting. getting an amnio next week and i'm pretty scared about the MC risk. trying to stay relaxed and take it day by day.

how are you doing? i hope you are feeling well and enjoying your summer and that your move is going well...

Confirmation of reply: