question for MIR

question for MIR

anon.. for now
anon.. for now

April 11th, 2012, 7:45 pm #1

what causes empty/degenerate follicle sendrome ?

back to back cycling ? I had start cycling on my second period after my cancelled cycle.
I never experinced this before but I remember I read one of your post here about back to back cycling...So that is why I put your name here....
my Re doesn't think it is back to back cycling . He thinks that diminished egg reserve/quality. I am 36 yrs.I had better responses to EPP high stimm 1.5 years ago.never experince empty follicle or cancelled cycles but this year my first IVF cancelled on February and on my second attempt I got 2empty follicle+1 degenerate egg. (I had good E2 rise though)

Thank you .....

April 11th, 2012, 9:55 pm #2

My last RE thought it was fine, I went with her advice, but my results were so bad that I almost had nothing to transfer on day 3.

But I think it is common sense that in each cycle we are pumping such an unnatural amount of hormones into the body, and back to back means our ovaries get no rest at all. Dr. Zouves, a doctor in the Bay Area who is known for his very aggressive approach (in terms of dosage and gimmicks), told me that he would never put a patient through hyperstimulation without 8 weeks of rest in between.

The manifestation of back to back on me was both empty follicles (5 out of 10 on one count) and extremely fast growth on the lead follicle. I had to trigger only after 5 full days of stim. If I were you, I would definitely rest a couple of months before attempting another stimulated cycle.

I am on low stim for 3 months so far and I have never had one empty follicle.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2012, 3:15 am #3

That is what I thought. I am so sad right now and trying to write abroad map for myself. So your answer is really valuable.thank you so much.
I think I will start DHEA once I get my period and cycle after 3 months with low stimm. I dont know where though. Dr.check is far for me. I am working full time. I may try new hope or Sirm Ny.

Again thanks a lot !

Confirmation of reply: