QuestCare

QuestCare

July 10th, 2012, 5:34 pm #1

Has anyone used it? I was just checking around for bloodwork pricing and a lady from Quest Diagnostics mentioned QuestCare. It's a program if you our uninsured that greatly discounts bloodwork. You pay a one time yearly copay of $10 to signup. I reiterated to her that I do have insurance, just not for Infertiliy. I was wondering if that would make me uneligible. She said nobody can be turned down.

The only drawback I've found so far is that it didn't include E2 testing (LH,P4,HCG,FSH were included). Wondering if she just wasn't missing it on the list.

ETA: Just discovered Labcorp has a similar program. Seems to good to true. There has to do a catch. Proof of income for instance.

Last edited by Tripplebe on July 10th, 2012, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekb88
ekb88

July 11th, 2012, 11:18 pm #2

I think this is probably a way to give the uninsured access to pricing comparable to what insurance companies pay. Insurance companies frequently pay at rates that are on order of 10% of what the "list price" for a test is.

Ins companies have rules about the sort of discounts from list price they have to get to work with a lab. This is a way for Quest and Labcorp to give the uninsured access to what honestly are reasonable prices, not the ridiculous mark-ups they use as a negotiating tactic with insurance companies. If it were me, I'd sign up if I needed it.

Confirmation of reply: