Please help - hormone chaos??

Please help - hormone chaos??

March 27th, 2012, 3:34 pm #1

Hi all,
I'm back! I actually got my period, after 4 months almost, but I'm not sure if this is a 'real' menstruation since I took bio-identical hormones for a few weeks. Took them because my endiom. didn't build up, my FSH went up to 40, estrogen and progesterone were at a minimum, and, of course, I didn't have a cycle. I stopped taking them, then 1,5 weeks later I got this menstruation. It it is one because..
Listen to this:
I went into the clinic on menstruation day 3 to have my hormones checked, these are the results

LH 25,00 IU/L 1,0 - 13,0 IU/L
FSH 6,30 IU/L 1,0 - 12,0 IU/L
E2 (Estradiol) 163,00 pg/ml > 15 pg/ml
Progesteron 2,20 ng/ml 0,1 - 150,0 ng/ml

They said this is not possible for menstruation day 3, I need to come again on Thursday. But... until then it's such a long time!
What could this mean? FSH went down to 6.3, that's GREAT, right? LH is too high.. may I be close to ovulation???
What the heck may be going on???

Thanks for interpretations... Tine

March 27th, 2012, 5:26 pm #2

And it looks like maybe you are getting ready to ovulate with your elevated LH. There is no way to know this for certain without b/w from the last few days or a week ago. But, with your also slightly rising progesterone level, that is what I think is happening.

My advice is to BD if you can, although I know your lining might not have built back up much. But, I would suggest taking advantage of the opportunity if you can.

If it has been a 1.5 weeks since you've taken any meds, it looks like you may have "re-set" your cycle with the bio-identical hormones, which is very exciting!

Kim
Kim

March 27th, 2012, 5:45 pm #3

Looks like you are heading toward ovulating in a few days.

March 27th, 2012, 7:54 pm #4

hi kim and karen.. thanks for your replies!
ok.. but i just started menstruating Saturday?? Isnt't this just the weirdest thing.. after everyone told me there was really NO hope??
What I also did yesterday was have my tubes checked for permeability (is that the right word?). And they were both ok.
Having thought that NOTHING really works in my body anymore, this is all such good news for me!
I have one follicle that wasn't there on the left ovary. And that dagn cyst on the right side still, 13 millimeters diameter. Or may that be a follicle??
Of course you can't tell from that distance.
It is just so exciting.
If anyone needs the 'recipe' of bio-identical hormone fit for your cycle.. - just take them, wonder if it's right, quit taking them, take them again.. for about 2.5 weeks.
Then stop.
Well, it wasn't that bad. I SORT of simulated a normal cycle. First more estrogen, then more prog, then quit.
I wonder what will happen - had really lost hope.. !!
Tine

Kim
Kim

March 27th, 2012, 8:17 pm #5

Nothing is surprising in the TTC world:) Hope a good egg pops!

anne
anne

March 27th, 2012, 8:21 pm #6

ok.. but i just started menstruating Saturday?? Isnt't this just the weirdest thing.. after everyone told me there was really NO hope??
What I also did yesterday was have my tubes checked for permeability (is that the right word?). And they were both ok.
Having thought that NOTHING really works in my body anymore, this is all such good news for me!
I have one follicle that wasn't there on the left ovary. And that dagn cyst on the right side still, 13 millimeters diameter. Or may that be a follicle??
It is just so exciting.
If anyone needs the 'recipe' of bio-identical hormone fit for your cycle.. - just take them, wonder if it's right, quit taking them, take them again.. for about 2.5 weeks.
Then stop.
Well, it wasn't that bad. I SORT of simulated a normal cycle. First more estrogen, then more prog, then quit.
Tine
so you took estrogen first then progesterone and then stopped?

March 27th, 2012, 8:36 pm #7

It is just so exciting.
Then stop.
Tine
but I've seen it before and occasionally I've seen a pregnancy come from a very early ovulation. You just never know. If nothing else, your hormonal cycles might be reset for a while now. There is no way to know, but sometimes just getting your body back "in sync" will keep you ovulating for a while.

By the way, I'm curious (if you know) exactly what estrogen and progesterone you were using. I'm assuming they are prescription, but if you happen to know the name and dosage, I'd love to know. I know not everyone is the same, but I'm always fascinated and curious what things work for some of us.

And by the way, I know your lining sheds at AF and there isn't much time for it to build up, but it could be fine by the time you ovulate (which I would guess would be about 2 days after this b/w). I've actually had an early dominant follicle before and was surprised how quickly my lining was building back up due to the estrogen the follicle was producing.

March 28th, 2012, 5:32 am #8

so you took estrogen first then progesterone and then stopped?
Hi Anne,
yes, like in a 'normal' cycle - since I didn't have one at all. Estrogen at first. This at least stopped my heat waves from the low estrogen and made me feel better. Which I think is important. Then in the second cycle half I added progesterone, for a little less than 10 days.
Then stopped. I also take Maca and Ubiquinol, plus lots of vitamin D and other vitamins. Eat fresh fruit every day, muesli in the morning, chicken, fish, mostly healthy food actually. It may sound funny, but I think the sun helps, spring feeling and trying not to focus too much (which I didn't because I had this sad incident with my dog which completely set my mind on something else).
Concerning bio-identical hormones, I do think it depends on your actual values, though. Mine were very low on E and P. NOTHING was going on.
We'll see what happens. Still can't really believe this.
Tine

March 28th, 2012, 5:45 am #9

but I've seen it before and occasionally I've seen a pregnancy come from a very early ovulation. You just never know. If nothing else, your hormonal cycles might be reset for a while now. There is no way to know, but sometimes just getting your body back "in sync" will keep you ovulating for a while.

By the way, I'm curious (if you know) exactly what estrogen and progesterone you were using. I'm assuming they are prescription, but if you happen to know the name and dosage, I'd love to know. I know not everyone is the same, but I'm always fascinated and curious what things work for some of us.

And by the way, I know your lining sheds at AF and there isn't much time for it to build up, but it could be fine by the time you ovulate (which I would guess would be about 2 days after this b/w). I've actually had an early dominant follicle before and was surprised how quickly my lining was building back up due to the estrogen the follicle was producing.
I'm taking German brands of course, but I can tell you the doses.. estrogen (or estradiol) I took in form of a gel. The name of it is gynokadin - dosage is 0.6 mg/g. I took one hub a day. Finding it too strong, I took a few smaller doses during the day. Progesterone was Utrogest (capsules). First I took them orally, then vaginally. Two pills at night (but forgot a day or two), 100 mg of progesterone per pill.
I was trying to simulate some sort of cycle. Remember that endo doc telling me to take both medications for as long as it takes for my period to come back. He said he wants to trigger my ovaries to start working again. He said I would know they are working again once menstruation starts. I read and read - it just isn't possible. While taking progesterone, you do not bleed.
So I just didn't listen.
Who knows, maybe you're right - and maybe it will not be this cycle, but I'm sure happy to have my period back. Funny how something so NORMAL you don't ever think about it throughout your life can change so much for you once it stops. Concerning you feeling like a 'real' woman alone - not even mentioning getting pregnant..
It's early, my English isn't working yet
Excited... Tine

March 28th, 2012, 5:47 am #10

Nothing is surprising in the TTC world:) Hope a good egg pops!

To you and all of the girls!
Tine

Confirmation of reply: