New Hope no longer offers 3-cycle deal

New Hope no longer offers 3-cycle deal

February 1st, 2012, 6:57 am #1

Currently they only offer 1-cycle conventional pricing on their site, I don't see any mini-IVF pricing there. Heard that they are increasing their price by ~50% in light of the traffic. Bad news for those who are doing months of banking cycles.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 1st, 2012, 5:09 pm #2

I went there for a consult to discuss embryo banking and their 3-package deal, and they pulled out their "new" prices...no package deals and the price was for one IVF and was much more than before! I was shocked! And on top of that, the prices went up substantially...just as much as some "regular" IVF clinic. I was disappointed for the many people who no longer will be able to afford to use their clinic.

alima
alima

February 1st, 2012, 5:18 pm #3

I haven't been there in awhile. How much were their prices? Last time, it was $8400 per 3 cycles and $2800 for each one after that.

February 1st, 2012, 5:32 pm #4

I won't do mini-IVF at that price, this is crazy, I think many patients are going to leave. Thank god I locked in a 12-cycle mini-IVF cycle with my current clinic.

The rumor I heard was they are going to increase price by 50% on their mini-IVF, more than $4500 per cycle.

alima
alima

February 1st, 2012, 5:39 pm #5

That is almost the price of a full IVF at places like Cooper. SIRM offers EZ IVF for 5900 and you get a much better experience with daily doctor care (emails, etc), vs at NH where you can't even speak to a Dr. and all questions are run through medical assistants who don't know much of the answers.

B.
B.

February 1st, 2012, 5:47 pm #6

Currently they only offer 1-cycle conventional pricing on their site, I don't see any mini-IVF pricing there. Heard that they are increasing their price by ~50% in light of the traffic. Bad news for those who are doing months of banking cycles.
This is so unfortunate. I think it's probably because their name got published along with her story.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 1st, 2012, 6:02 pm #7

I won't do mini-IVF at that price, this is crazy, I think many patients are going to leave. Thank god I locked in a 12-cycle mini-IVF cycle with my current clinic.

The rumor I heard was they are going to increase price by 50% on their mini-IVF, more than $4500 per cycle.
And exactly what I thought...when they showed me the paper with the prices (it was $11,800, just like on the website) I said "there must be some mistake, I am requesting info for mini IVF" and she said "those ARE the mini IVF prices." WOW. Who can afford that for mini IVF???

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 1st, 2012, 6:03 pm #8

This is so unfortunate. I think it's probably because their name got published along with her story.
First thought that popped into my head when they showed me the prices. It's really a shame, I think many people will not go there now due to price, especially when other places have better deals for mini IVF.

February 1st, 2012, 6:16 pm #9

You'd think with higher volume, they could keep the prices steady. But of course, that is not good business. Better to cash it in when you can.

February 1st, 2012, 6:20 pm #10

it is to offset their expenses from opening up their second location. This second location has an OR, embryology lab, etc. I think it is crazy to have two sets when the two locations are just an easy cab or subway ride away. Why not just have an office at the new location, and still do retrievals at the old place? Or vice versa, but no reason to have two embryology labs, with two sets of embryology staff, andrology, etc. That alone would drive cost up.

Confirmation of reply: