New Hope announces Alexis had two children with OE

New Hope announces Alexis had two children with OE

March 28th, 2012, 12:55 am #1

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 28th, 2012, 3:27 am #2

Thanks MIR for the follow-up on this...I still don't believe it!! LOL Then again..I can;t imagine Dr. Zhang risking his license by lying. Good for her if it's true!!

Jamie
Jamie

March 28th, 2012, 3:47 am #3

Very interesting that they would bold the OE part. They would lose all credibility if this could ever be disproven . . . she was clearly a good candidate for blast banking whereas conventional high-stim IVF did not work. This may truly be the wave of the future for the 40s crowd.

March 28th, 2012, 4:04 am #4

I heard about it several years ago and even discouraged my friend in the late 30s from going there, because it is just an odd place with an unproven methodology.

When I heard about the 48 yo woman who got pregnant with OE, and it was only reported by NY Post, I was like, why isn't it on NY Times? But I started to pay attention. Eventually I went to enough forums to search for people who actually went there and got pregnant, and asked them about their detailed stories to determine that they are not just "paid marketers". Eventually I determined that this is actually a viable approach and started searching for a west coast clinic that adopts the same methodology.

When I first went to L.ife, I was in fact quite skeptical, because they have the crappiest website in the world, and I could not believe that they could achieve so many mid-to-late 40 pregnancy within a year. Then after talking extensively to their staff and other patients there, I realize that this is too big of a scam to pull off, it has to be real.

March 28th, 2012, 4:16 am #5

Very interesting that they would bold the OE part. They would lose all credibility if this could ever be disproven . . . she was clearly a good candidate for blast banking whereas conventional high-stim IVF did not work. This may truly be the wave of the future for the 40s crowd.
All they need to do is to keep their mouth shut and let the rumor run. They just don't confirm it one way or another (in the name of guarding patient's privacy), since they already achieved the oldest IVF pregnancy with OE, and as long as Alexis doesn't say anything, they are golden. If they have the gut to raise their mini-IVF price to $12K a cycle, they must have enough demand out there already.

The fact that they actually call out the OE part means that it has to be true.

B.
B.

March 28th, 2012, 6:18 am #6

Wow. She's 46 years old. She tried for so many years - yes this has to be real. I am so encouraged by this.

I think she tried for over 5 years and then bam, one right after the other.

Doesn't it suggest her eggs were not 'bad' but that something else was going on?

BTW: One thing that confuses me about the New Hope method:

Why is very low stim IVF better than just IUI with fsh stims? I know this is a very elementary question but... if they often only work with one or two eggs why not work with them inside the body???

Anyhow good for Alexis!!!

March 28th, 2012, 6:23 am #7

and her two OE embryos must have come from 44-45.

Her personality aside, her approach is very scientific. She did everything possible to raise her odds. IVF is much better than IUI, because with latter, you don't know if your egg is released, or if the sperm meets the released egg and achieves a successful fertilization, or if the fertilized embryo ever grows beyond day 3, or the embryo that grows beyond day 3 ever leaves the fallopian tube instead of getting stuck. With IVF+ICSI, the only thing you ever worry about is implantation, and she takes care of implantation by using fertile young uterus.

She was doing everything right.
Last edited by miraclex2 on March 28th, 2012, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 28th, 2012, 12:09 pm #8

Yes, she appears to be a very factual, scientific oriented person. When she speaks of these things, she has very little emotion - very strange to me, but hey she got what she wanted so she did all the right things. Also, I think maybe she does have some implantation issues so even if she could have made "good" eggs before, she couldn't get implantation. By transferring into a fertile young uterus, she took out all variability. She knew she had fertilized embryos that made it to blast, and she knew she had a receptive uterus. I think in many cases for over 40, the egg is definitely a factor, and probably also for those of us with partners, the sperm may be an issue if you are also with a over 40 partner. Other than her eggs, she had everything much younger - younger DS, younger uterus, etc. Plus she has unlimited funds with a rotation of sur.rogates, so if one didn't get pregnant within a couple of tries, she replaced them.

March 28th, 2012, 12:28 pm #9

She never lost a month due to an m/c, or for that matter, due to pregnancy. She probably kept going while her surro was pg with #1, so she truly maxed out her chances.

Kim
Kim

March 28th, 2012, 1:43 pm #10

plenty of 44+ woman conceive naturally or through IVF on other boards. I doubt they are not being honest about their age. So, I'd imagine it would be possible for Alexis Stewart to have her OE children.

Confirmation of reply: