Need help! What is going on?

Need help! What is going on?

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

April 6th, 2012, 7:26 pm #1

Hi all-

I have used a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor (CBFM) and Clear Blue Digital Monitors for two months. Each month I have had positive showing either a PEAK on the CBFM or when crossing checking on digital the "smiley face" indicating that I have ovulated. Additionally, because the CBFM shows the "high" days prior to ovulation I will have about 4 days of high prior to either day 12 or day 13 when I ovulate. I can usually match all this with temping too.

This cycle I used Femara for cd 2-6 (7.5mg) I have had NO highs on the CBFM. Yesterday, cd 10, my RE told me to use my Ovidrel trigger as I had three follicles that she felt indicated were ready to go: one was 16, one was 17 and one was 21.

So today cd 11, I test with my CBFM and NO high. I also use my CB digital this afternoon and NO "smiley face".

What is going on?

They did a blood draw and my E2 was at 172 and she said that is where it should be. Should I NOT be showing SOME highs by now? I KNOW the Femara suppresses estrogen but I would have imagined it would be showing up in my urine by now?

She says that my lining would not be 9.5 if I didn't have estrogen working properly and she said that amount tested in my blood along with the results of my LH and FSH are all were they are supposed to be.

Can anyone tell me if I have somehow messed up my cycles by using Femara?

What should I expect?

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

April 6th, 2012, 7:30 pm #2

my temps for the past TWO days have been very low in the morning. Well below where my cover line will be most likely when this cycle is over.

So I am trying to watch all indicators if possible.

Also I am JUST now getting some cervical mucous but nothing like last month when I had very obvious egg white mucous.

(sorry if this is gross, I just don't have any other way to put it!)

April 6th, 2012, 8:50 pm #3

Hi all-

I have used a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor (CBFM) and Clear Blue Digital Monitors for two months. Each month I have had positive showing either a PEAK on the CBFM or when crossing checking on digital the "smiley face" indicating that I have ovulated. Additionally, because the CBFM shows the "high" days prior to ovulation I will have about 4 days of high prior to either day 12 or day 13 when I ovulate. I can usually match all this with temping too.

This cycle I used Femara for cd 2-6 (7.5mg) I have had NO highs on the CBFM. Yesterday, cd 10, my RE told me to use my Ovidrel trigger as I had three follicles that she felt indicated were ready to go: one was 16, one was 17 and one was 21.

So today cd 11, I test with my CBFM and NO high. I also use my CB digital this afternoon and NO "smiley face".

What is going on?

They did a blood draw and my E2 was at 172 and she said that is where it should be. Should I NOT be showing SOME highs by now? I KNOW the Femara suppresses estrogen but I would have imagined it would be showing up in my urine by now?

She says that my lining would not be 9.5 if I didn't have estrogen working properly and she said that amount tested in my blood along with the results of my LH and FSH are all were they are supposed to be.

What should I expect?
The CBFM is a useful tool, but it isn't perfect. I remember having an E2 level of 164 and not getting a high that day, but it was high the next day. And yet other cycles I saw a high when it reached 125. So, it is a bit quirky at times.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

April 6th, 2012, 9:02 pm #4

I am assuming that what she told me was correct and 172 was fine but frankly I have NO idea where it should be. Do you?

Thanks for the response.

I guess I should expect a medicated cycle to be accurately followed by a monitor I suppose. I am just a little unsure because I had such great/predictability in my last two cycles and those were the ONLY times I have ever monitor myself in any way.

MY RE could even see via US that I had ovulated last cycle.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

April 7th, 2012, 5:33 am #5

Hi all-

What is going on?

What should I expect?
i agree with KarenGH, the CBEFM isn't always reliable. i used to always get high readings before the peak. now i almost never do. this could be explained by advancing age and less optimal hormones, perimenopause or whatever. but it doesn't explain that i got pregnant once without ever getting a high or peak on the monitor (went on to miscarry). i wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you are being monitored by an RE and confirming that you've ovulated. i chart my bbt to confirm, and the times that the monitor has been wrong my bbt has confirmed ovulation.
good luck.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

April 7th, 2012, 11:41 am #6

I am now trying to figure out how to time the Ovidrel injection I took on Thursday afternoon vs. the peak I am showing today. When I talked with the CBFM people before they told me that OVULATION occurs AFTER the peak. But of course my RE tells me that the shot would have made me ovulate 24-36 after the shot so if I am correct I either triggered early OR today (Saturday) is the magical day (LOL)

This is the part of the whole process that makes me CRAZY because there is NO telling when the EGG is going to "spring the hopper". (this is the ridiculous term my husband uses haha)

So anyway I covered one BD on Thurs pm, two on Friday about 12 hours apart and I am going to go for two again today.

Not too worried about DH sperm as apparently he has some kind of super sperm. I told him if he had a woman half my age they would already have about 10 kids.

If you have any thoughts on cross-matching the CBFM with Ovidrel shot or even if you think I should just stop over-thinking, I am game to listen.

One last thing, I have only used the CBFM for two months with each month having clear HIGHS for four days prior to PEAK. I am ABSOLUTELY convinced that the estrogen suppression of the Femara is what has lowered my reading so that I only had lows and NOW a peak.

I wonder if that means I typically have an ABUNDANCE of estrogen? Who knows. I need to stop thinking

Thanks for you support!

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

April 7th, 2012, 11:43 am #7

i agree with KarenGH, the CBEFM isn't always reliable. i used to always get high readings before the peak. now i almost never do. this could be explained by advancing age and less optimal hormones, perimenopause or whatever. but it doesn't explain that i got pregnant once without ever getting a high or peak on the monitor (went on to miscarry). i wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you are being monitored by an RE and confirming that you've ovulated. i chart my bbt to confirm, and the times that the monitor has been wrong my bbt has confirmed ovulation.
good luck.
or trigger too early? That is what the above post is really about. I am trying to figure out if I triggered too early? Follicles were 16, 17 and 21 at time of trigger. I read that they can keep growing and the amount of the growth is highly dependent upon the individual.

April 7th, 2012, 1:29 pm #8

I am now trying to figure out how to time the Ovidrel injection I took on Thursday afternoon vs. the peak I am showing today. When I talked with the CBFM people before they told me that OVULATION occurs AFTER the peak. But of course my RE tells me that the shot would have made me ovulate 24-36 after the shot so if I am correct I either triggered early OR today (Saturday) is the magical day (LOL)

This is the part of the whole process that makes me CRAZY because there is NO telling when the EGG is going to "spring the hopper". (this is the ridiculous term my husband uses haha)

So anyway I covered one BD on Thurs pm, two on Friday about 12 hours apart and I am going to go for two again today.

Not too worried about DH sperm as apparently he has some kind of super sperm. I told him if he had a woman half my age they would already have about 10 kids.

If you have any thoughts on cross-matching the CBFM with Ovidrel shot or even if you think I should just stop over-thinking, I am game to listen.

One last thing, I have only used the CBFM for two months with each month having clear HIGHS for four days prior to PEAK. I am ABSOLUTELY convinced that the estrogen suppression of the Femara is what has lowered my reading so that I only had lows and NOW a peak.

I wonder if that means I typically have an ABUNDANCE of estrogen? Who knows. I need to stop thinking

Thanks for you support!
When you do the trigger shot, it will give you a peak on the monitor. So, your timing should be based on when you did the trigger shot, not when you got the peak on the monitor.

April 7th, 2012, 1:36 pm #9

I am assuming that what she told me was correct and 172 was fine but frankly I have NO idea where it should be. Do you?

Thanks for the response.

I guess I should expect a medicated cycle to be accurately followed by a monitor I suppose. I am just a little unsure because I had such great/predictability in my last two cycles and those were the ONLY times I have ever monitor myself in any way.

MY RE could even see via US that I had ovulated last cycle.
should be about 150-200 minimum for each mature follicle. (Some docs like to see 180 and some 200, but in my opinion even 150 is normal on an unmedicated cycle). But, with Femara, you won't see those same levels because the follicles will grow, but not produce the same level of E2. I don't have personal experience with Femara, but I know from what I've read from others that your E2 levels won't correlate with the follicle size while on Femara.

With a level of 172, you are right on track for where you would normally be on a natural cycle with one mature follicle. That is why your lining is built up nicely. So, I think you are fine. Your body has prepped your uterus just as it would have with a natural cycle with one follicle. But because of the femara, you might pop out 3 eggs.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

April 7th, 2012, 2:23 pm #10

When you do the trigger shot, it will give you a peak on the monitor. So, your timing should be based on when you did the trigger shot, not when you got the peak on the monitor.
That it is strange that I read elsewhere that on medicated cycles the CBFM probably wouldn't even pick up the LH surge so that it might read low continuously.

Sorry to be such a pain.

Fortunately we are covering our bases with timing

Confirmation of reply: