My lone egg of this cycle put up a good fight and arrested

My lone egg of this cycle put up a good fight and arrested

April 12th, 2012, 6:56 pm #1

I had a messy cycle this time, started with a huge cyst (30mm) and proceeded anyway. Retrieved one egg, made early blast on day 5, cultured for another day and arrested on day 6. I think it put up a good fight and I am going to miss it

Starting another cycle in 10 days.

April 12th, 2012, 6:59 pm #2

Sorry to hear that. Rest up for next cycle. Sending you good thoughts!

xoxo, Tracy

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 12th, 2012, 7:56 pm #3

I had a messy cycle this time, started with a huge cyst (30mm) and proceeded anyway. Retrieved one egg, made early blast on day 5, cultured for another day and arrested on day 6. I think it put up a good fight and I am going to miss it

Sorry to hear that MIR. Every one of those blasts / embryos are so very precious. Fingers crossed for your next cycle.

April 12th, 2012, 8:21 pm #4

I feel really blessed even my embryo didn't make it, because Life's lab told me what kind of heroic effort they put in to save it on day 6. As long as I know that their lab tried their best as if this was their only embryo, I am at peace.

Hope you will have very fruitful upcoming cycle!

Jamie
Jamie

April 12th, 2012, 8:27 pm #5

Hugs--I am sorry.

May I ask how many blasts you have banked? How many are you banking before testing?

summerwind03
summerwind03

April 12th, 2012, 8:46 pm #6

Keep your eyes on the prize.

One of these guys will hopefully be your keeper!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2012, 8:48 pm #7

I always wonder about abnormal blasts, what did the embryo look like on day 3 (or do they not tell you?). Just wondering if visual grading was any indication (I've personally had very bad luck with embryos that were 4 and 5 cells on day 3, becoming blasts and ending in m/c).

alima
alima

April 12th, 2012, 8:56 pm #8

how come they didn't freeze the early blast on day 5? Does it always have to be an expanded blast before they freeze? Still I think your quality seems to be excellent ever since you have moved onto low stim banking. You've had something to freeze almost every cycle, and even this cycle, your embryo did go to day 5.

April 12th, 2012, 9:06 pm #9

early blast doesn't make the cut. They were thinking of waiting for it to make day 6 blast. I don't blame them because my track record shows that my eggs constantly make day 5/6 blasts.

I am actually very pleased with my results so far.

I have had 6 eggs retrieved in 3 cycles, 4 of them made to blasts (1 of them couldn't make the cut and arrested on day 6). I am happy with this ratio so far.
Last edited by miraclex2 on April 12th, 2012, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 12th, 2012, 9:09 pm #10

Like you said..your embie fought the good fight I hope the next cycle goes better for you.

Confirmation of reply: