My Everything But the Kitchen Sink Protocol

My Everything But the Kitchen Sink Protocol

September 20th, 2011, 5:05 pm #1

Well..it looks like I'm off and running..just got the go-ahead yesterday as my ovaries are calm and I ovulated so I started my Lupron last night. I realized that it had been since March that I had taken an injection of any kind!! Since this is my last IVF...I decided to go for broke so to speak. I had already decided to do an immune protocol this go-round although my Dr. says I likely don't need it. I found out however that at least according to some, my NK cells are slightly elevated. Then a friend that had a good response using human growth hormone suugested that I try that and I just got the go-ahead to start that too. I'm hoping that the HGH helps me to get more normal embyos.

I'm excited, but I feel like a science experiment and as though I will be on a boatload of meds!! Besides the normal Lupron,Ganerilix, Gonal-F, patches, E2 vaginal supps, p4 vaginal supps, PIO, Folgard, Luveris, this go round I will be on Prednisone instead of dex as well as Lovenox,intralipids and the HGH.

BTW...is there any way to avert the weight gain on Prednisone? I usually use Dex and it's 50/50 with me as to whether or not I will the weight gain on it. I'm already 15lbs in the hole and can't afford to gain another 15. I especially keep hearing about the moon-face that prednisone can give URGH!! Anyone here tried human growth hormone?

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 20th, 2011, 6:01 pm #2

i have tried HGH, and I am trying it again. first time my egg didnt fertilized. i also try Dex the first time but RE isnt giving thet this time. buy HGH from costco its much cheaper.

who is your RE?? it looks like his approach is very simillar to mine?

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

September 20th, 2011, 6:01 pm #3

the anon above is me

September 20th, 2011, 6:05 pm #4

Well..it looks like I'm off and running..just got the go-ahead yesterday as my ovaries are calm and I ovulated so I started my Lupron last night. I realized that it had been since March that I had taken an injection of any kind!! Since this is my last IVF...I decided to go for broke so to speak. I had already decided to do an immune protocol this go-round although my Dr. says I likely don't need it. I found out however that at least according to some, my NK cells are slightly elevated. Then a friend that had a good response using human growth hormone suugested that I try that and I just got the go-ahead to start that too. I'm hoping that the HGH helps me to get more normal embyos.

I'm excited, but I feel like a science experiment and as though I will be on a boatload of meds!! Besides the normal Lupron,Ganerilix, Gonal-F, patches, E2 vaginal supps, p4 vaginal supps, PIO, Folgard, Luveris, this go round I will be on Prednisone instead of dex as well as Lovenox,intralipids and the HGH.

BTW...is there any way to avert the weight gain on Prednisone? I usually use Dex and it's 50/50 with me as to whether or not I will the weight gain on it. I'm already 15lbs in the hole and can't afford to gain another 15. I especially keep hearing about the moon-face that prednisone can give URGH!! Anyone here tried human growth hormone?
I didn't notice any extra wait gain with prednisone. I had a rapid heartrate the first few days until my body got used to it. Then I felt just fine. I think it is the darn stims that have really packed the weight on me! Sounds like you are doing all the right things and I'm praying this is your magic cycle!!! Do you still have frozen embryos from your previous cycles?

xoxo, Tracy

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 20th, 2011, 6:54 pm #5

i have tried HGH, and I am trying it again. first time my egg didnt fertilized. i also try Dex the first time but RE isnt giving thet this time. buy HGH from costco its much cheaper.

who is your RE?? it looks like his approach is very simillar to mine?
My Dr. is DR. Tortoriello at SIRM-NY. I'm guessing that your Dr thinks that the continued use of the HGH is worth doing..that's encouraging. BTW..when did you start dex last cycle? My Dr. starts in the luteual phase of the cycle before. Most clinics start only after transfer. Not only is it supposed to help with implantation,but for those of us with immune issues, it is supposed to be helpful in suppressing an improper immune response. Any reason why no dex this time for you?

BTW..I was told Alexander's Twin was the cheapest pharmacy around for the HGH and to get the generic of Saizen called Omnitrope which costs about $250 a vial instead of the usual $800. Can I ask how much it costs at Costco and if it's the regular HGH or a generic? When do you cycle next?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 20th, 2011, 6:59 pm #6

I didn't notice any extra wait gain with prednisone. I had a rapid heartrate the first few days until my body got used to it. Then I felt just fine. I think it is the darn stims that have really packed the weight on me! Sounds like you are doing all the right things and I'm praying this is your magic cycle!!! Do you still have frozen embryos from your previous cycles?

xoxo, Tracy

Thank you my dear!! It's funny that you said that you did not notice any weight gain. My first cycle I had no real weight gain but my next I gained nearly 20lbs in 4 months!! I probably just ate too much. In any event...you made my day...I was NOT looking forward to having a moon face...talk about adding insult to injury. I will however really try to watch my diet. You may be right...it just might have been the stims. As for the frosties..nope..I used all three in the FET.

BabyDance
BabyDance

September 20th, 2011, 7:20 pm #7

You know I'm soo rooting for you this cycle. Sounds like an excellent plan all around. This is it!!!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 20th, 2011, 7:23 pm #8

Thanks for always being there for me

September 20th, 2011, 7:39 pm #9

is Atkin's diet. But you have to live by it 100%, the upside is, you will feel full every day.

The key is, cut carbs to almost 0 if possible. All sugar, fruit is out (except for lemon, grapefruit and berries, for Vit C, all of them have low to medium glycemic index). No bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Juice is a big no. You can eat as many veggies, fish and meat as you want, eat till you feel full, if you are hungry in the afternoon, eat nuts and cheese. You need a high protein diet for IVF anyway. Beans with high fiber content is ok.

I stuck to this diet throughout my IVF cycles, didn't put on any weight. Good luck and grow lots of high quality eggs.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 20th, 2011, 8:44 pm #10

Hi,

I know a lot of people that have done well on Atkins..it's not for me though. The headaches...my God...I hate eggs now because of this diet!! I also gained every pound I lost back within days as soon as I put a carb in my mouth. I am a terrible snacker and carb eater. I have actaully done great with Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers in the past. It's just so hard to do now that I am married. Can't put hubby on a diet and meals would just get too complicated. I may figure out something soon though...

Confirmation of reply: