my blood result. any input??

my blood result. any input??

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

September 21st, 2011, 11:35 pm #1

first i wanted to thank you all for all your support. i am sending a huge to all of you for your support and responses on the previous post.

here are my blood result. what do you think?

E2=90 (low after 8 days of stim!! right??)

FSH= 20 (again, i have been taking 300IU gonal-F per day for the past 8 days, i thought my FSH would be higher??!! Weird ha???)

September 21st, 2011, 11:48 pm #2

The E2 is low, but I guess if it is getting higher that is positive. What was your E2 when you started? I do think you are being oversuppressed, but then if you are taking estrogen, I wonder why your E2 is not measuring higher.

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

September 22nd, 2011, 12:07 am #3

so the day i wanted to start the stim my E2 was 190 from the patches. i have no idea why it went down instead of going up, the nurse said the E2 often fluctuate on estrogen patches, but she often makes thing up on her own, so I have to ask the RE on Friday

September 22nd, 2011, 12:38 am #4

this makes sense. I think it is high in the beginning and then does come down. An EPP protocol is long. I did one before and I stimmed for about 16 days. I think your E2 is fine and if it goes up on Friday, then your follies will start to grow.

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

September 22nd, 2011, 12:55 am #5

thanks alima, your respond meant alot to me. if you did 16 days well i still have time..

xoxo
Anna

Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit

September 22nd, 2011, 12:25 pm #6

first i wanted to thank you all for all your support. i am sending a huge to all of you for your support and responses on the previous post.

here are my blood result. what do you think?

E2=90 (low after 8 days of stim!! right??)

FSH= 20 (again, i have been taking 300IU gonal-F per day for the past 8 days, i thought my FSH would be higher??!! Weird ha???)

I'm a little confused on your patch situation. Are you wearing 2 patches at one time and changing them every couple of days? What dosage level are your patches and when were new ones put on relative to your last bloodwork? Had your patches been on longer for your most recent BW vs. your initial BW?

Sounds like you're over-suppressed. Also, I agree with the other poster below who mentioned that you might benefit from adding some LH to your protocol. I did quite a few EPP protocols and I always added LH after using strictly FSH product for a number of days. For me, that really activated my follicular growth.

I've seen similar slow responses multiple times in other gals (in my old TTC support group) who've done EPP. A lesson learned from their situation - all's not lost if you or your doc decide to cancel. Repeatedly, I've seen these gals come off all drugs and then produce and ovulate one or more follicles on their own without the meds. So, if things don't improve, the cycle is not for sure a bust. If you come off the meds, I would consider continuing some type of monitoring. Not sure what your options are regarding IUI's or going to retrieval with one or two follies, but there is a good chance this would not be a wasted cycle.

Hang in there!

Confirmation of reply: