Menopause, cylces

Menopause, cylces

March 4th, 2012, 5:00 pm #1

Hi, again..
so.. menopause is not until you haven't had your period for a year. We know that, but doctors seem to 'know' that that was it as soon as they see high FSH. Right?
While you're waiting for your period, those words seem to be the most upsetting.. 'this was it, accept it, I'm sorry, I know it's bitter, bla bla.'. I even heard that that ovulation in November (a normal ovulation, after - up until then - normal cycles, every month) was 'probably my last egg'. One said (when I asked during US if they could see if I ovulated yet in December) 'why do you think an ovulation took place if you don't have any eggs left'). Aren't Germans just the most charming of all..
How is it with your cycles?? The doctors have been right so far, no period at all. Which is what makes me so hopeless. But then again, it's only been 60 something days, right? So with everyone actually DOING Icis, IUIs and all.. I always thought most of you DO have cycles of at least some regularity? So I felt like I am one of the worst 'cases' around. And, of course, I will never get my period again without taking hormones, because that's what the doctor said. And that would only be an artificially triggered period. Or am I just feeling horribly sorry for myself?
How many of you are there with a few months without a cycle and then - magically - a cycle or cycles..? Or maybe just very long cycles?
Just to get a perspective.
Thanks, Tine

Last edited by Tine2012 on March 4th, 2012, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 4th, 2012, 7:39 pm #2

I'm not quite there (although heading there), but you may just get another cycle - you probably will - so you can take OPK's everyday and maybe you will throw an egg out there and try...

My cycles are just irregular at this point, some short, some long..

AnnaGr
AnnaGr

March 4th, 2012, 8:51 pm #3

Hi, again..
so.. menopause is not until you haven't had your period for a year. We know that, but doctors seem to 'know' that that was it as soon as they see high FSH. Right?
While you're waiting for your period, those words seem to be the most upsetting.. 'this was it, accept it, I'm sorry, I know it's bitter, bla bla.'. I even heard that that ovulation in November (a normal ovulation, after - up until then - normal cycles, every month) was 'probably my last egg'. One said (when I asked during US if they could see if I ovulated yet in December) 'why do you think an ovulation took place if you don't have any eggs left'). Aren't Germans just the most charming of all..
How is it with your cycles?? The doctors have been right so far, no period at all. Which is what makes me so hopeless. But then again, it's only been 60 something days, right? So with everyone actually DOING Icis, IUIs and all.. I always thought most of you DO have cycles of at least some regularity? So I felt like I am one of the worst 'cases' around. And, of course, I will never get my period again without taking hormones, because that's what the doctor said. And that would only be an artificially triggered period. Or am I just feeling horribly sorry for myself?
How many of you are there with a few months without a cycle and then - magically - a cycle or cycles..? Or maybe just very long cycles?
Thanks, Tine

Hi all. I was wondering about self medicating with prog? Im 2-3 dpo and I have some prog (endomotrin?) that spandie gave me (at my request before I left for Europe-- I thought I just wanted to have some with me, I have no idea why..). My LP is fine, although I have an annov. cycle every few months (hello periM). Could it hurt to just take it every other day? How long do I take it for? 10 days? Would you take it if your LP was ok? Last reading I had was a year ago at 9dpo was 11, OB said it was fine.

Thanks all...

AnnaGr
AnnaGr

March 4th, 2012, 8:52 pm #4

Sorry I put this in the wrong place, meant to be a new post..(nm)

anne
anne

March 5th, 2012, 3:26 am #5

Hi, again..
Thanks, Tine

no one really knows but occasionally a 50+ yr old will conceive a natural child and so they obviously still have eggs. my opinion is whether or not your ovaries are creating estrogen and working. if they are then an egg will pop out. some women have children who are high fsh, high fsh only indicates how well you will respond to ovary stimulating drugs.

March 5th, 2012, 7:15 am #6

Sorry I put this in the wrong place, meant to be a new post..(nm)
No problem..
Tine

March 5th, 2012, 10:14 am #7

no one really knows but occasionally a 50+ yr old will conceive a natural child and so they obviously still have eggs. my opinion is whether or not your ovaries are creating estrogen and working. if they are then an egg will pop out. some women have children who are high fsh, high fsh only indicates how well you will respond to ovary stimulating drugs.
.. no.. I was told we take hundreds of eggs into menopause with us. but there is no way to reach them. yet.
what i meant was the last ovulation - egg produced.
but i don't believe that that is necessarily true.
maybe not every month.

Tine

March 5th, 2012, 10:15 am #8

I'm not quite there (although heading there), but you may just get another cycle - you probably will - so you can take OPK's everyday and maybe you will throw an egg out there and try...

My cycles are just irregular at this point, some short, some long..
how long is long? My three months now are very long, right? But I'm also more and more convinced that there can be another cycle!

Tine

Babydance
Babydance

March 5th, 2012, 1:11 pm #9

or so, not quite that long. Have you tried acupuncture and herbs? That should help.

March 6th, 2012, 1:49 pm #10

Hi, again..
Thanks, Tine

I just wanted to let you know I'd responded a little late to your earlier post below re: estrogen/progesterone timing. I wasn't sure if you saw it or not.

Confirmation of reply: