Melatonin Q's

Melatonin Q's

July 9th, 2012, 5:23 am #1

Looking for input on ppls experience. How much? how long? Brands? positive and negative side effects?

Thanks again.

D

BabyDance
BabyDance

July 9th, 2012, 1:36 pm #2

The recommended dosage is 3 mg taken before bed. It shouldn't be taken without a break at times, say a few weeks. I give it a break in between medicated cycles. It does help with sleep, but I think it also can make you a bit groggy the next day. Sometimes it gives me a solid few hours of sleep (I have horrid insomnia), but then I wake up at 4 and am awake. If this happens a few days in a row, I give it a break. It is recommended to take it with 2 grams or so of inositol. It's supposed to help with fertilization.

I also read an Italian study that showed it took women put of menopause and then they conceived. Seems a bit dramatic to me, but it was one study that was published.

Good luck, dear. 9 follicles is amazing.

BabyDance
BabyDance

July 9th, 2012, 1:36 pm #3

Looking for input on ppls experience. How much? how long? Brands? positive and negative side effects?

Thanks again.

D
The recommended dosage is 3 mg taken before bed. It shouldn't be taken without a break at times, say a few weeks. I give it a break in between medicated cycles. It does help with sleep, but I think it also can make you a bit groggy the next day. Sometimes it gives me a solid few hours of sleep (I have horrid insomnia), but then I wake up at 4 and am awake. If this happens a few days in a row, I give it a break. It is recommended to take it with 2 grams or so of inositol. It's supposed to help with fertilization.

I also read an Italian study that showed it took women put of menopause and then they conceived. Seems a bit dramatic to me, but it was one study that was published.

Good luck, dear. 9 follicles is amazing.

July 10th, 2012, 4:19 am #4

Thanks Baby, any suggestion for brand or source, for both Melatonin and inositol?

How are things going? Any new decisions?

D

BabyDance
BabyDance

July 10th, 2012, 8:22 pm #5

I usually by Solgar for both. Nothing new to report! xo

July 18th, 2012, 5:14 pm #6

Thanks again.

D
I can't remember what brand it was (not Kirkland), but I bought my Melatonin at Costco. It comes in 3mg capsules, and also has GABA and B6 in it.

If you want meaningful feedback, you'd probably find actual data doing a Google Scholar search.

Age 41/ partner 35
3rd IVF (September?)
2nd IVF (April 2012): M/C at 10.5 weeks. 6 and 8-week ultrasounds showed normal heart rates. Beta #1: 412(18dpo). Beta #2: 1680 (21dpo). Had 2 Grade 1 embryos on day 3.
Microdose flare. Lupron 20 (2x day), Gonal-F (450/day), Menopur (150/day.)
FSH (March 2012): 14
1st IVF (February 2012): Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix: 2 transferred. BFN.
2011:
3 rounds IUI. BFN.
6 mo drug break to get assessed for breast cancer/ ovarian cancer risk
3 rounds timed intercourse (Clomid, etc). BFN.
FSH (2011): 8
2010: Lots of BFNs (Clomid, OPKs, etc)
1 M/C (at 7 wks).
FSH (2010): 6
2006: Lost 110 lbs
Last edited by cannadyL on July 18th, 2012, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: