Lots of questions - MINI /ivf and Dominion

Lots of questions - MINI /ivf and Dominion

ActingLoud
ActingLoud

June 29th, 2012, 5:29 pm #1

I am at a crossroads - we need to decide what we are doing. I did 3 HIGH stimm IVFs in 2009 that ALL failed, not even a chemical. I was on 450 bravelle and 450 menopur Per DAY - for 9+ days each cycle. I have a sleepy ovary due to surgery and got 4, 4, and 7 eggs - 100% fert with ICSi - last cycle I had a compounding , a morula and a grade a 8 cell - STILL BIG FAT FAIL.

So I don't think I do well with high stimms - but I am fat so that's what they do.

I am thinking that mini might work for me though - and debating on where to go. I am in MD and refuse to go to Shady Grove and they won't see me anyway and mess there precious stats with my fat a$$

So - Dominion Fertility? another other suggetions?
Or be a out of town patient with Check?

I will have to draw $ from 401K to do this (can only do one in a year, so need to get all the $ I need for the next year up front) - so if its a lost cause would rahter just focus on a DE cycle - which might still fail. I am so very very confused on what to do.

June 30th, 2012, 8:36 pm #2

I don't recall but weren't you successful on a natural cycle a year or so ago? If I am thinking of the same person, why wouldn't you try naturally again with just monitoring and TI? If you have to do IVF, then I would consult with Dominion Fertility, but my understanding is that they do primarily natural cycles and go after the one egg that you would normally get that cycle. If you are in your 30's they have a good success rate. If you are close to 40, or over 40, then in order to get more eggs, I would try a mini IVF. Both Ch.eck and Ne.w Ho.pe do mini IVFs. Ne.w Ho.pe just raised their prices for new patients, so in my opinion, it isn't worth doing a mini IVF there, so I would suggest going with Ch.eck. I don't think it hurts to talk to Dominion to get their view on the protocol however. I have worked with both Ch.eck and Ne.w Ho.pe so let me know if you have any further questions.

actingloud
actingloud

July 1st, 2012, 12:20 am #3

Yes. I had a child with femara in 2010,and have been pg 4 times since April of 2011, but none since October when I had a miscarriage and lost my beloved dog. I am running out of time I know and worried its not going to happen again and even ivf might not help. I do have a sticky tube and a sleepy ovary...of course good tube is on sleepy side and vice versa.

alima
alima

July 1st, 2012, 2:42 pm #4

I would consult with Dom.inion but they will usually just do natural. Che.ck will give you some meds so you may have a shot a more than one follicle. Is your FSH very high, or just moderate? If moderate, you may want to try Ch.eck since he will give you some meds. It doesn't hurt to consult with Dom.inion and see what they think.

ActingLoud
ActingLoud

July 2nd, 2012, 6:24 pm #5

It was moderate at the last highest, but last check it was actually "normal" - but its been higher in the past.

Confirmation of reply: