Just found out my IUI was timed perfectly! (LONG)

Just found out my IUI was timed perfectly! (LONG)

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 13th, 2012, 3:37 pm #1

I know IUI is a very big long shot with frozen DS, but to have it timed perfectly is a huge relief and makes me feel like as good a shot as I could get. I personally feel my chance is the same with IUI or IVf, so I'm happy I did it. The blood work at the time of the IUI showed that I recently ovulated, within 24 hours.

I have a TON of Ubiquinol in me this cycle because I was taking 1000 units for my supposed last IVF, then when it was cancelled, I continued at 200 through ovulation (since I did not plan the IUI). The DS sample was also very good, I was told. I rested all day yesterday (although there was significant stress with DP, but I don't think it effects it that much, I just don't).

All in all, I feel good this cycle about a chance. Dr. T did not think there was a follicle at all this cycle, he said it was something old he was seeing, but I just did not feel that way and took the OPK. When I went in, the follicle was clearly there and collapsing (or collapsed) as I did the IUI.

There was no trigger, btw, since it wasn't planned, and I was surging naturally. Barely caught the surge - I took one a few hours later and it as gone.

Wowza - I someohow feel lucky this mothers day - my mom died long ago and I have no baby (I was hysterical last year), but today - I feel good!!!

MIR
MIR

May 13th, 2012, 4:21 pm #2

Trust your intuition, what you feel is much more telling than numbers alone. Fingers crossed!

TenaciousB
TenaciousB

May 13th, 2012, 7:19 pm #3

I know IUI is a very big long shot with frozen DS, but to have it timed perfectly is a huge relief and makes me feel like as good a shot as I could get. I personally feel my chance is the same with IUI or IVf, so I'm happy I did it. The blood work at the time of the IUI showed that I recently ovulated, within 24 hours.

I have a TON of Ubiquinol in me this cycle because I was taking 1000 units for my supposed last IVF, then when it was cancelled, I continued at 200 through ovulation (since I did not plan the IUI). The DS sample was also very good, I was told. I rested all day yesterday (although there was significant stress with DP, but I don't think it effects it that much, I just don't).

All in all, I feel good this cycle about a chance. Dr. T did not think there was a follicle at all this cycle, he said it was something old he was seeing, but I just did not feel that way and took the OPK. When I went in, the follicle was clearly there and collapsing (or collapsed) as I did the IUI.

There was no trigger, btw, since it wasn't planned, and I was surging naturally. Barely caught the surge - I took one a few hours later and it as gone.

Wowza - I someohow feel lucky this mothers day - my mom died long ago and I have no baby (I was hysterical last year), but today - I feel good!!!
Sounds like the stars were all aligned for your IUI. Great news!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 13th, 2012, 7:39 pm #4

That is great news BD! Thank goodness you listen to your own intuition. Good luck.

Jamie
Jamie

May 13th, 2012, 8:01 pm #5

Sounds like a perfect cycle! Good luck!

sugar
sugar

May 13th, 2012, 8:41 pm #6

Fingers crossed this is the cycle for you! GL! XO

May 14th, 2012, 12:33 am #7

That is half the battle right there! Good luck girl!!

xoxo, Tracy

Suz44
Suz44

May 14th, 2012, 12:35 am #8

Well played. Well played indeed! (nt)

smrc
smrc

May 14th, 2012, 1:00 am #9

way to trust your intuition!! fingers crossed for you and sounds like a good day for you!! you deserve it. smrc

LadyG
LadyG

May 14th, 2012, 1:08 am #10

due to male issues and being a poor responder, did 20 IUIs with donor sperm. it was on her 20th (and she had decided her last) IUI that she got pregnant at 40. this was 13 years ago in a small town overseas where the clinic was far from cutting edge. just sharing because i think it's a remarkable story.

good luck and i will be thinking of you. Mindset can be an amazing thing on this journey.

Confirmation of reply: