Jen

Jen

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

December 13th, 2011, 11:40 pm #1

Just wondering how you are doing. Did you have your endocrinologist appointment yet? Worried about your hair and your health and your peace of mind. Pls update when you have a moment.

Jen
Jen

December 14th, 2011, 1:06 am #2

I am ok. Thank you for asking. I did see a second endocrinologist on Wednesday. He seemed to feel it was the hormonal manipulation,Levothyroxine and Armour. He asked me to come back in three weeks. He did not want to take b/w. He will when I see him next. The dermatologist felt it was both all of the hormone drugs and going on thyroid med and going off after 5 weeks. Maybe, the tsh going from 3.5 to 1.86 and then back to 4.5. I think he said, something about hair cycles and that maybe this was a reaction from the drugs in August/September. I did just go off Armour so I am frightened about that. I was worried to get the results of Hashimioto's. The endocrinologist that took that test was not who I wanted to hear the results from. I will get the results sent to either my primary care or new endocrinologist. Dr. Check suggested taking Spirolactone to stop the hair loss. The dermatologist felt like I should not add another hormone drug. It seemed most of the doctors felt I should not be on any drugs right now. I am frightened about my hair but, what can I do? I see my primary care on Thursday to go over b/w I did last week. I want to see how my body is in 3 months. I need to detox. I have been on some kind of hormone for almost two years. I want to see how my tsh is off estinyl. It is hard to take care of myself and let go of cycling. I must. Thank you for caring.

Jen

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

December 14th, 2011, 10:06 pm #3

You've been on my mind too. I hope that you do not let this bump in the road discourage you. I'm happy to see that you are being treated and taken care of. I can totally understand how hard it is to let go of cycling when it seems that this is all we do around here...but take care of yourself FIRST you must. A detox sounds like a fantastic idea!! Just wanted to say hi and to let you know that you are in my thoughts.

Jen
Jen

December 15th, 2011, 12:28 am #4

Thank you for thinking of me. I am glad that you are doing okay. I have to stop ttc at the moment. I have lost so much hair and am so worried. I am trying to let go. I don't know what to do. I have some more appointments with dermatologists but, they can't see me until late January and early Feb. One doesn't take any insurance but, I feel like I should see him. He was recommended by Dr. Griffo. I emailed with Dr. Griffo to see if he could give any thoughts to my hair loss. He said, he had no experience with this. I need to take care of myself. A woman who works in my industry died today in a terrible accident. She was 41, it is so sad. I need to try and get perspective.

Thank you for writing. I haven't been very active on the board. I am just in such a crazy place.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

December 15th, 2011, 12:30 am #5

You've been on my mind too. I hope that you do not let this bump in the road discourage you. I'm happy to see that you are being treated and taken care of. I can totally understand how hard it is to let go of cycling when it seems that this is all we do around here...but take care of yourself FIRST you must. A detox sounds like a fantastic idea!! Just wanted to say hi and to let you know that you are in my thoughts.
Jen, Glad to hear you are looking after things. I've been thinking about you at lot. Sorry you have to go through this, but I wish you a speedy trip to wellness. Please keep us updated.

Dee, what a sweetheart you are. I have also been thinking a lot about you. It's hard to know what to say. I hope you are doing okay.

Antonialisa xoxo

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

December 15th, 2011, 12:34 am #6

Thank you for thinking of me. I am glad that you are doing okay. I have to stop ttc at the moment. I have lost so much hair and am so worried. I am trying to let go. I don't know what to do. I have some more appointments with dermatologists but, they can't see me until late January and early Feb. One doesn't take any insurance but, I feel like I should see him. He was recommended by Dr. Griffo. I emailed with Dr. Griffo to see if he could give any thoughts to my hair loss. He said, he had no experience with this. I need to take care of myself. A woman who works in my industry died today in a terrible accident. She was 41, it is so sad. I need to try and get perspective.

Thank you for writing. I haven't been very active on the board. I am just in such a crazy place.
Sorry to hear about your colleague. That's awful news. Please do take care of yourself. I hope better days are ahead very soon.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 15th, 2011, 12:36 am #7

Thinking of you. Hugs, hugs, hugs. XoBD.

Jen
Jen

December 15th, 2011, 12:46 am #8

Just wondering how you are doing. Did you have your endocrinologist appointment yet? Worried about your hair and your health and your peace of mind. Pls update when you have a moment.
Your words really help. I am trying to take things one day at a time.

Jen
Jen

December 15th, 2011, 2:03 am #9

I had to see where I was in my cycle. I can feel myself ovulating. OPK says I am. I am single so nothing I can do. grrrr.

Jen
Jen

December 15th, 2011, 2:31 am #10

Thinking of you. Hugs, hugs, hugs. XoBD.
thanks BD n/t

Confirmation of reply: