Jamie - Question about HFI and FSH

Jamie - Question about HFI and FSH

August 4th, 2012, 2:27 am #1

Hi Jamie,

Did you have a normal FSH before you started IVF? Just wondering b/c I will be going forward with IVF despite what my FSH will be (normally 26). Just wondering if it is risky to do this.

Thanks!

Jamie
Jamie

August 4th, 2012, 4:14 am #2

I went in and told Dr. Gill all my info and he didn't care about testing my FSH. Part of it may have been that I had done IVF with Dr. Check, and we knew that I could respond to stims.

I'm excited that you are there--you are in wonderful hands!!!! Keep us posted!

August 5th, 2012, 1:17 am #3

Thanks so much, Jamie! You have been such a great resource. I didn't want to mention HFI partly b/c of my rant about my in-town RE calling HFI's office to talk to Dr. Gill and I didn't want to name names at the time. I thought about going to Dr. Check but there is no way to monitor in Texas while flying out to NJ on a last minute basis. The IVF cost is $11.8 thousand at HFI and if I monitor in Austin (about $400 per monitoring appt. in Austin due to no insurance coverage 2 weeks prior and 2 week after IVF). So, I am going to do my monitoring in Houston. The second week, I'm staying in Houston as I will prob. have at least 3 monitoring appts. Found a hotel for around $60/night which is a lot cheaper than the gas or the monitoring appts.

Dr. Gill has me on 75mg/day of DHEA. Per your experience, I'm taking CoQ10 (Ubiquinone 200/day). Not sure how I will respond to stims as this is the first medicated injectible cycle ever in my life. Dr. Gill says that we are going to proceed regardless of FSH. He told me about a woman that had FSH in the 50s or 60s and still got pregnant with IVF and I think DHEA helped her. Do you know about that story?

Will definitely keep you posted, most likely after this cycle is over as I will need to try no to think too much into things and just let Dr. Gill dictate what to do. I'm going to try to make it like a resort trip to Houston!

Jamie
Jamie

August 5th, 2012, 1:28 am #4

That's just my own opinion, but having cycled with both I wish I had gone straight to Gill!

Interesting on the DHEA . . . just watch that you don't start having hot flashes or any bad effects. I did once I passed the 37.5 mark. If you do, stop immediately and let it clear out.

Yeah, I would do all the monitoring in Houston . . . there are wonderful places to eat and nice things to do and the office is great with those appointments. They do not keep you waiting and are very nice!

Good luck! Keep us posted! I have heard about women who had FSHs of 40 and 60 with success but not about their specific cases. Hoping you will be next!

August 7th, 2012, 5:25 am #5

Thanks Jamie! n/t

Confirmation of reply: