IVF or ICSI

IVF or ICSI

Lisa
Lisa

June 6th, 2012, 1:31 pm #1

Hi girls,
I need some advice - done ivf and icsi 8 years ago and both failed, when i done ivf back then the sperm never fertilised my eggs but when i done icsi we transferred 2 and BFN.

So fast forward 8 yrs and with a new partner and deciding should we go straight to icsi or ivf?

Sperm good with my ex and good with my new partner - do you girl reckon that the reason my ivf failed was becasue of egg shell being hard and sperm should not penetrate it?, if that's the case, wld my odds be better with icsi also is there anything i can take to soften my eggs out - if possible lol and not make them sooooo hard!

Sorry for rambling

baby dust to all

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm #2

Hi,

Nowadays, most clinics do IVF with ICSI regardless of whether there is a male factor issue or not. All of my IVF's were with ICSI even though we do not have male factor infertility. IMHO, at our age, if you want to maximize your chances, IMHO, doing ICSI is best. You are more likely to get fertilization this way. You can also have assisted hatching done if you are worried about the shell of your eggs. Some clinics will do this automatically if they see a need and some charge an extra fee. Good luck.

Lisa
Lisa

June 7th, 2012, 7:41 am #3

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the info and will def ask my doctor that I want icsi even if sperm is great - not taking any chances again for a failed fert with ivf.

Lisa

Confirmation of reply: