I want a glass of wine with dinner...

I want a glass of wine with dinner...

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 16th, 2011, 8:40 pm #1

So tired of worrying about everything I eat and drink and a bit down today and can't stop thinking about the crazy ex wife being the most horrible person, yet she has the kid she never wanted. When I feel this way, it get so negative about my situation and feel hopeless, I feel like my follies won't grow, then they usually don't. I sometimes wonder if I just had the glass of wine, I'd relax more and it would be better for my follies. Something needs to stop the pain. Thanks for listening.

October 16th, 2011, 9:03 pm #2

Unless the doctor says you absolutely can't have any alcohol, I'd go ahead and have a glass of wine if it will really make you feel better. (In my case it's pie or ice cream, but I understand the impulse... and feeling like I'm depriving myself and restricting just makes me more fixated on whatever it is I feel like I can't or shouldn't have, and that doesn't help me relax.)

BD
BD

October 16th, 2011, 9:18 pm #3

Hope you are well. You know, half the battle is getting it out and not holding it in. I felt better immediately after I wrote the post. I do just feel the alcohol is really bad for the eggs, so I don't want to have it, but dessert could work! I think I will go in that direction, but you are right, deprevation is not good. XoxoBD

SMRC
SMRC

October 16th, 2011, 11:01 pm #4

Although I don't have the science to prove it, I just don't think a single glass of wine will really effect your cycle - it seems in any case to outweigh you feeling stressed/low/negative and depleting your mental strength. Maybe compromise and have 1/2 glass of wine + dessert + a bath + a trashy magazine or two... Hang in there. SMRC

Yvonne
Yvonne

October 17th, 2011, 12:44 am #5

So tired of worrying about everything I eat and drink and a bit down today and can't stop thinking about the crazy ex wife being the most horrible person, yet she has the kid she never wanted. When I feel this way, it get so negative about my situation and feel hopeless, I feel like my follies won't grow, then they usually don't. I sometimes wonder if I just had the glass of wine, I'd relax more and it would be better for my follies. Something needs to stop the pain. Thanks for listening.
You have to feel comfortable of course - but I honestly believe that red wine will do good - not bad... It has natural resveratrol in it.. My previous acupuncturist believed that a good glass of red wine a few days a week would do us good - not bad.

October 21st, 2011, 10:42 am #6

I often feel the same. I do remember reading a BBC article a while ago which said no more than 6 uk units a week as any more had an effect on fertility. I rarely drink now days but some times at business dinners or weddings I feel so left out also not drinking frequently leads to questions about being pregnant which can lead to even more emotions. It's not v socially acceptable in the uk not to drink and in London no one really drives socially so that's not an excuse! Anyway my treat is to have one glass of something v high quality that I like. I have had more single glasses of champagne since IF lol but they do make me feel better.

Confirmation of reply: