I think these are new stats (x post)

I think these are new stats (x post)

February 7th, 2012, 10:14 pm #1

Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

February 7th, 2012, 10:58 pm #2

Some new clinics are coming into the game and some old tried and true are dropping a bit. Always good to keep an eye on the stats. Thanks for posting.

xoxo, Tracy

February 7th, 2012, 11:03 pm #3

I tend to look at these clinics with a higher success rate for 40+ crowd with a grain of salt if they have a high number of embie transfer.

That means the success rate is highly skewed by some of their patients whose FSH and AMH are much better than their cohorts. An average woman in this cohort doesn't have 3-4 embryos to transfer. For every woman who only has 1-2 to transfer each cycle, you will need those super productive women who can transfer 5-6 to pull up the average.

I think of these clinics as getting lucky with a batch of more fertile 40+ in that particular year.

DeenNYC
DeenNYC

February 7th, 2012, 11:50 pm #4

He had GREAT stats for 2008....so so for 2009..and it looks like he's back up there again for 2010. Just looked at this and SART.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 7th, 2012, 11:52 pm #5

February 8th, 2012, 12:47 am #6

I never understand these stats - because when I get the stats from Dr. Check (they have their own version that they keep track of), the stats are aligned with most of the other centers. However when I see the SART stats, they are way lower. New Hope is dismal, even for their under 35 patients.

Are centers required to provide their stats to SART? I don't see CHR stats here.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 8th, 2012, 1:01 am #7

If they are doing IVF they need to report their stats to the CDC, who publishes them on their website. It isn't as easy to look up stuff on the CDC pages and they don't publish as quickly as SART, but the data is there.

Jamie
Jamie

February 8th, 2012, 1:11 am #8

I never understand these stats - because when I get the stats from Dr. Check (they have their own version that they keep track of), the stats are aligned with most of the other centers. However when I see the SART stats, they are way lower. New Hope is dismal, even for their under 35 patients.

Are centers required to provide their stats to SART? I don't see CHR stats here.
Here's what I think . . . . the stats Check shows you notes that this is for a transfer of at least two embryos . . . his overall stats would include all the women who only have one embryo to transfer.

Jamie
Jamie

February 8th, 2012, 1:11 am #9

should be "note" n/t

February 8th, 2012, 1:14 am #10

Here's what I think . . . . the stats Check shows you notes that this is for a transfer of at least two embryos . . . his overall stats would include all the women who only have one embryo to transfer.
That makes sense. After thinking about this, I guess his overall SART stats would also include cancellations, but the stats he tracks excludes those, so it is only those that have retrieval and the preg stats for those women.

Confirmation of reply: