How many Ivf cycles will you do?

How many Ivf cycles will you do?

May 5th, 2012, 2:09 am #1

Just curious what othes are considering. Dh & I are TTC #2 after a long road to conceive our dd (Iui baby after 3 failed Ivfs & 1 failed FET). We are going to try ivf again bc have done 3 Iui's without success. My thoughts right now are 3 Ivfs and after that we are done TTC through treatments.

Would love to hear what others are planning on! TIA!

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 5th, 2012, 9:49 am #2

Many on here have done far more then that (myself included). Only you can decide, but it's good to set a boundary. Good luck.

May 5th, 2012, 10:33 am #3

Thanks! I'm new here so I didn't think to flag my post with "child mentioned". I will be more cognizant of that from now on. Thank you for adding that to this thread. I would NEVER want to hurt or insult anyone, so I appreciate that!!
Last edited by auntkat on May 5th, 2012, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kim
Kim

May 6th, 2012, 3:24 pm #4

Just curious what othes are considering. Dh & I are TTC #2 after a long road to conceive our dd (Iui baby after 3 failed Ivfs & 1 failed FET). We are going to try ivf again bc have done 3 Iui's without success. My thoughts right now are 3 Ivfs and after that we are done TTC through treatments.

Would love to hear what others are planning on! TIA!
You have to do what is most comfortable for you both - by that I mean physically, psychologically/emotionally, and financially. I would say IVF probably gives you slightly better odds. 3 IVF's is tough. My GYN this week reminded me to make a plan and stick to it with fertility treatments. This is a tough call to say after three rounds of meds, we will quit - but what if you don't go to retrieval. So they you say 3 IVF's, with one CP on the last one. Then you say what if we do it one more time. I think it is hard to set bounderies from the beginning - but after awhile when you feel you have tried all you will either be BFP or know when to move on.

Confirmation of reply: