Help

Help

February 11th, 2012, 6:41 pm #1

Hi

I have come all the way to L.A to do IVF. I did all my interviews from New Zealand, and now I fear the IVf clinic I chose isn't up to standard. I am 43.5. FSH of 13.AMH of .19( crap!!)

I have a daughter of 22 months form my first IVF. I did a flare protocol with 300 gonalf. Did 3 cycles in New Zealand since her birth resulting in 1 miscarriage and 2 BFN.( I get 3,5,8 eggs out of the cycles)

Came to L.A to reproductive partners redondo beach, did 1 flare with 450 follistem and menopur. result was 1 follicle converted to an IUI. Second cycle, a mini ( follicle count on CD2 was 2) retrieved 1 egg, fertilized A grade, frozen day 3.

My clinic stats from the SART report for over 42 was dismal, they are all over the show, my RE seems green, but assures me he goes over my case with the more seasoned RE's.

I need to find a great place FAST, time is running out.Any recommendations most welcome, plus doctors.

I am ok to travel, east coast is a bit of a stretch, but I am putting my all in.

Hope you ladies can help.

Babies for all.

ps - do all you clinics do follicle counts on CD2??and FSH bloods at the beginning of each cycle?

pps - kiwi chick told me to join here - if any of you remember her -

Last edited by beetle21 on February 11th, 2012, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 11th, 2012, 9:04 pm #2

How long are you going to stay? What is your budget?

February 11th, 2012, 9:30 pm #3

here for a year or more - budget is going for each cycle- before i hit 44.

February 11th, 2012, 9:37 pm #4

How long are you going to stay? What is your budget?
advice welcome - I am freaking right now!! feel like going home, but it has been such a move to get here.

February 11th, 2012, 10:13 pm #5

here for a year or more - budget is going for each cycle- before i hit 44.
you can only do it with mini-IVF. You simply cannot do full-blown IVF every month, because your ovaries will poop out before you know it. You must take a break of 2-3 months between high stim cycles.

If you want to do a cycle immediately after your high stim, you have to go with natural cycle. I highly recommend Life IVF in Irvine, which is a clinic that I am going to for banking embryos. I am doing cycle EVERY MONTH for 12-18 months (depending on the outcome). They are pretty much the only game in town on the west coast for mini-IVF. Others claim mini but they don't have the expertise nor the equipment. I just went through a retrieval yesterday and my experience was very good.

Now if you want to go to the best clinic in the country, go CCRM. But it will take 2 months before you can cycle. They would want a full day 3 on-site work up including a hysteroscopy so you will lose a month for sure. But you can do mini-cycle while processing paperwork with CCRM.

9 cycles at Life IVF cost the same as one cycle at CCRM (if you do genetic testing).

Another choice is SIRM in Las Vegas, but again this is a super high stim shop (450-600 FSH for your situation) that you cannot do cycles back to back.

February 11th, 2012, 10:20 pm #6

I would go to Life IVF for mini cycles NOW (it is very easy to set up and they accept all your previous blood test) for embryo banking, and start your paperwork with CCRM and ORM (Oregon Reproductive Medicine) at the same time. These two are the undisputable top clinics in the country that test your inside out, outside in. Once you get in the pipeline, start a cycle with CCRM or ORM, and then use the resting 2-3 months for natural cycle banking. That way, you don't lose a month.

You want to bank because these two clinics will require hysteroscopy and pelvic tests so you cannot transfer.
Last edited by miraclex2 on February 11th, 2012, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beetle
Beetle

February 11th, 2012, 11:50 pm #7

I have been trawling through the new SART report - does anyone rate Kaiser in fremont? I always hear about CCRM, but Oregon had poor stats for my age group.....its so hard to know as these stats are 2 years ago - and people make big leaps in the time. I went to my clinic because of the 2009 stats, and now their stats for my age group is a shocking 0% for my age group -

February 12th, 2012, 12:00 am #8

because a lot of clinics today are still cherry picking to keep up their stats. I consulted with Fremont Kaiser and they cherry picked. I am younger than you, and had similar stats (better FSH), but they wanted me to do donor egg.

Stats really fluctuate, because it depends frankly on the batch of customers coming in the door. The way I choose a clinic is to look at the live birth cases out of the most difficult patient.

No clinic has the magic pill for our age group. No doctor is really that much better than the other. I have consulted at the top clinics in the country and all of them prescribed me similar plans (some exactly the same as each other).

Beetle
Beetle

February 12th, 2012, 12:27 am #9

I been sitting here having a weep wondering what the hell I am doing - maybe I stay, maybe I move, it can be so overwhelming - but I just know I have another good egg in there. My first IVF was a breeze, its been a battle since.

Beetle
Beetle

February 12th, 2012, 12:45 am #10

because a lot of clinics today are still cherry picking to keep up their stats. I consulted with Fremont Kaiser and they cherry picked. I am younger than you, and had similar stats (better FSH), but they wanted me to do donor egg.

Stats really fluctuate, because it depends frankly on the batch of customers coming in the door. The way I choose a clinic is to look at the live birth cases out of the most difficult patient.

No clinic has the magic pill for our age group. No doctor is really that much better than the other. I have consulted at the top clinics in the country and all of them prescribed me similar plans (some exactly the same as each other).
what about SIRM?

Confirmation of reply: