Have you changed your lifestyle completely?

Have you changed your lifestyle completely?

June 12th, 2012, 9:35 pm #1

I'm struggling with this...are major changes in diet and lifestyle necessary for success? I try to eat healthy and take supplements. I'm so tired of wracking my brains and beating myself up over all of this. I don't smoke and only drink every now and again. I feel like this is the best I can do at this point, yet I feel guilty for not putting 100% into this. Thoughts? Experiences?

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 12th, 2012, 11:35 pm #2

is Ubiquinol seems to make a difference, MAYBE, but not as convincingly as ubiquinol, DHEA if your levels are low. I don't think anything else does, IMHO. I'm not even that convinced avoiding alcohol matters, but it's just considered a no no, based on very little evidence. Other then that, I'd just try to eat relatively well, but don't kill yourself - I mean don't eat twinkies and sugar all day, but healthy diet with protein, fruits, and vegetables included daily for vitamins. IMHO...

June 12th, 2012, 11:52 pm #3

I'm struggling with this...are major changes in diet and lifestyle necessary for success? I try to eat healthy and take supplements. I'm so tired of wracking my brains and beating myself up over all of this. I don't smoke and only drink every now and again. I feel like this is the best I can do at this point, yet I feel guilty for not putting 100% into this. Thoughts? Experiences?
For a while I thought I had a higher antral count when off of caffeine, but then around Christmas after drinking a TON of eggnog lattes I had one of my highest. I say don't beat yourself up. I have seen plenty of women get a surprise BFP after failed IVF's and long periods of doing "everything right". Sounds like you are being sensible. I do think having vitamin D and thyroid levels checked is important and medicating if out of range is a good thing. It didn't help me get pg., but I'm glad I have those levels in the normal range though.

xoxo, Tracy

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

June 13th, 2012, 1:55 am #4

http://www.network54.com/Forum/53068/me ... pg+mention

Doesn't that say it all?

I've been TTC for almost 3 years. I've been a very healthy eater (some months absolutely perfect), I've taken green drinks and wheatgrass daily, I've been on minimum 800mg CoEnzyme Q10 for 2 1/2 years (the good kind) and lots of good supplements. All I have are crap eggs. Every month.

I am now convinced that people that get pregnant with our kinds of stats are very lucky. I'm just unlucky. Whether a good egg appears at the right time and the stars align is TOTALLY RANDOM. Yes, you can optimize (a bit) through good living and you probably can cause harm (a bit) through bad diet. But I don't think we can make bad eggs good, no matter what we do.

It would be nice to think that we have some measure of control over this, but I don't think we do. IMHO after 3 years of TTC. (Of course, there is no downside to eating healthy and having good supplements so I still do it...)

Tracy
Tracy

June 13th, 2012, 2:39 am #5

Cracked me up that I was the first one to respond to that post! Yep, I have seen similar posted many times. We need to give ourselves a break!

xoxo, Tracy

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 13th, 2012, 3:08 am #6

http://www.network54.com/Forum/53068/me ... pg+mention

Doesn't that say it all?

I've been TTC for almost 3 years. I've been a very healthy eater (some months absolutely perfect), I've taken green drinks and wheatgrass daily, I've been on minimum 800mg CoEnzyme Q10 for 2 1/2 years (the good kind) and lots of good supplements. All I have are crap eggs. Every month.

I am now convinced that people that get pregnant with our kinds of stats are very lucky. I'm just unlucky. Whether a good egg appears at the right time and the stars align is TOTALLY RANDOM. Yes, you can optimize (a bit) through good living and you probably can cause harm (a bit) through bad diet. But I don't think we can make bad eggs good, no matter what we do.

It would be nice to think that we have some measure of control over this, but I don't think we do. IMHO after 3 years of TTC. (Of course, there is no downside to eating healthy and having good supplements so I still do it...)
Did this person actually give birth and was it Dr. Zhang??

Jamie
Jamie

June 13th, 2012, 3:11 am #7

I did the whole chinese medicine diet, no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, organic, all that, for several months. It did not get me where I needed to go. The only thing that helped me to success was IVF along with CoQ10/Ubiquinol (and I think chinese herbs/acu and seeing a chiropractor helped too).

I think it is so easy to get wrapped up in the whole "if I make my diet pure that will do it". I just think it is such a rare thing for it to actually make the difference, as long as you are eating mostly healthfully now.

I would, if you can, eliminate alcohol. I read once that as little as one drink a week can lower the chance of conception by 25%. Alcohol and fertility do not seem to mix well. I decided that it wasn't worth it and decided to go completely alcohol free (which to me is FAR easier than sugar, wheat, dariy, etc.).

Oh yeah, and I've found that my cycles are better when I minimize soy. When I eat a lot of tofu (I'm a vegetarian) I find that I have very short cycles. Just FWIW.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

June 13th, 2012, 3:14 am #8

Cracked me up that I was the first one to respond to that post! Yep, I have seen similar posted many times. We need to give ourselves a break!

xoxo, Tracy
You HAVE been at this a long time. How are you doing and what are you trying these days?

I'm pretty much giving up on my own eggs. But then, maybe that's the secret behind that post: you have to give up, then it happens! LOL

BD
BD

June 13th, 2012, 3:23 am #9

is Ubiquinol seems to make a difference, MAYBE, but not as convincingly as ubiquinol, DHEA if your levels are low. I don't think anything else does, IMHO. I'm not even that convinced avoiding alcohol matters, but it's just considered a no no, based on very little evidence. Other then that, I'd just try to eat relatively well, but don't kill yourself - I mean don't eat twinkies and sugar all day, but healthy diet with protein, fruits, and vegetables included daily for vitamins. IMHO...
I was saying ubiquinol is convincing, DHEA, not as much, but some positive outcomes..

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 13th, 2012, 3:26 am #10

Did this person actually give birth and was it Dr. Zhang??
Well, it has to be Dr. Zhang. Sigh... nt.

Confirmation of reply: