fsh of 77 on cd 17. check ladied plz help..

fsh of 77 on cd 17. check ladied plz help..

November 4th, 2011, 1:17 am #1

I live in California. This week I finally flew to nj to see both Dr check and Davis. I wrote a lengthy post on regular fsh board if any one would Like to read. Now I have the following question for check ladies

1- devastated enough I learned that my fsh was 77 yesterday. This a cycle after a failed IVF and fsh =77 , e2=3 and they said I never ovulated this month. Should I be worried about my fsh or since its on cd17 its not very descriptive. The highest I have had on cd3 was 28

2- any advice about how to manage the OT monitoring. I just read the below post and that freaked me out...

3- what do u think about cooper lab? And the fact that they don't have vitrification and every thing there is so old fashioned?

I am starting an IVF with check and I am so nervous. It's a 6.5 hr flight from here to NJ so I don't know how many times I could do this.

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,AFC 2, cash pay

3/2011 IVF #1 : 2 follicle, failed abnormal egg didn't fertilize

From 3/2011-9/2011 went to Re every other week and had a cyst or low AFC and couldn't start IVF

9/2011 IVF #2: EPP, stim for 15 long days, 1 follicle only, sudden E2 drop @ stim day 14,converted to IUI, BFN

November 4th, 2011, 2:27 am #2

Sorry to freak you out below. I was thinking maybe the nurses are just overworked and outnumbered but then I saw your post On the High fsh board, where one of the nurses was online shopping. That just irritates me all the more.

I also thought it was funny when you mentioned the repeated need to give them the insurance information. I must admit I'm getting a little snarky these days, (been dealing with to much incompetency), but I faxed my insurance informaion in advance as requested. Then at my consult they took my insurance card to make copies. When they asked me to have a seat and fill out the paperwork, I took it up without filling in the insurance informaiton. The lady at the desk says "Don't you have insurance?" I was like, "what? I already gave you my insurance card, you made a copy" She says "you need to fill it out on the form" I was like "you got to be kidding me?" I was gripping the whole way back to my chair.

Anway, I don't have any advice, just wanted to wish you good luck. I have stage IV endo too, so I'll be especially interested in your updates.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

November 4th, 2011, 1:48 pm #3

I live in California. This week I finally flew to nj to see both Dr check and Davis. I wrote a lengthy post on regular fsh board if any one would Like to read. Now I have the following question for check ladies

1- devastated enough I learned that my fsh was 77 yesterday. This a cycle after a failed IVF and fsh =77 , e2=3 and they said I never ovulated this month. Should I be worried about my fsh or since its on cd17 its not very descriptive. The highest I have had on cd3 was 28

2- any advice about how to manage the OT monitoring. I just read the below post and that freaked me out...

3- what do u think about cooper lab? And the fact that they don't have vitrification and every thing there is so old fashioned?

I am starting an IVF with check and I am so nervous. It's a 6.5 hr flight from here to NJ so I don't know how many times I could do this.

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,AFC 2, cash pay

From 3/2011-9/2011 went to Re every other week and had a cyst or low AFC and couldn't start IVF

9/2011 IVF #2: EPP, stim for 15 long days, 1 follicle only, sudden E2 drop @ stim day 14,converted to IUI, BFN
Anna, I'm contemplating IVF with Check and I'm doing a trial run with meds this month so see how I respond, so let's keep in touch.

FSH 77 is high of course but unless it's at CD3 it is a less useful number since our FSH always spikes before ovulation. I have been on estinyl for about 7 months and it's been very good for me. My FSH is gone down to normal and my antral follicle count has quadrupled most months. Not everyone responds that well so it will be interesting to see if it helps you.

You'll get more used to Cooper's OOT system as time goes on. It's a super quirky place for sure. Good luck to you.

b.
b.

November 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm #4

Age=28

I used to think that vitrification was the only way to go and anybody doing slow-freeze should be dismissed right away. But now I don't think that necessarily, it's possible slow-freeze even has some advantages. USC for example has one of the highest success rate for egg freezing in the country and they use slow-freeze, which I thought was very surprising.

Vitrification might have risks that are not really known yet, because it's newer. I'm not saying it does, I just don't know. I would have thought anybody doing slow-freeze before was crazy but now I am thinking there is a reason. Dr. Check seems to know about weird things that nobody else does - risks and things like that. For example ICSI. ICSI is high tech but Dr. Check unlike most places doesn't prefer it. I read up a little bit about it and there might be some good reasons for not doing ICSI as a first choice. I think maybe Dr. Check has more of a gentle approach which might seem old-fashioned. For example how he prefers low-stim instead of tons of meds (like SIRM does). So maybe slow-freeze is also an example of that. I don't know I am just theorizing. I met with Dr. Check once & have not done any treatments with him but got his perspective. I think he has rhyme and reason for things and it's not actually because of being behind the times.

And yes. Once you have met with Dr. Check in person he can also work with you out of town. I talked to him about this possibility and he said it was their protocols and choices of treatment that was distinct, but that the lab itself was not that unique. He said he could advise and work with another lab that is willing to follow his treatments. So if you find a lab that you think is very up to date in Southern California maybe you could do Dr. Check protocol locally. The trick would be finding a lab that you are really impressed with & with a caring Dr. who doesn't have too much ego who is willing to just follow Dr. Check's instructions.

Disregard fsh on day 17, it is irrelevant.

November 4th, 2011, 9:32 pm #5

If Dr check agrees to do that it would save me so much hassle of and money on traveling. So do u think Dr check will accept just to manage my protocol, and I do the retrival locally?? Do u know any one who has done that?

b.
b.

November 4th, 2011, 11:55 pm #6

I am guessing Dr. Check will agree to this, for sure, - unless he has a good medical reason why your chances would be better with him directly - which is also a possibility, each case is different. So if he does think your chances are just as good with out of town monitoring, the bigger problem might be finding an RE in So. Cal who will allow their lab to be used while following another person's protocol. I don't know how that works.

i don't know anybody personally who has done this but on the regular high fsh board there are women who did out of town monitoring with Dr. Check, and those messages should be in the archives.

Confirmation of reply: