For future reference - what kind of trigger is better and how much to take

For future reference - what kind of trigger is better and how much to take

April 27th, 2012, 2:05 am #1

What is the difference b/t ovidrel and novarel (sp?) trigger shots besides dosage? What dosage of each is recommended? Just thinking ahead about trigger. RE wants to do one shot of ovidrel but I think that is too little. When I did some low dose meds/IUI's a couple of years ago, I always ended up with a cyst after using one shot of ovidrel. What is your experience with trigger shots?

anne
anne

April 27th, 2012, 3:38 pm #2

i have the intramuscular trigger shot 10,000 units and while i ovulate on it i never really feel it. ovidrel works better for me because i ov exactly 24 hours afterward. doctors will argue that it isn't until 36 hours later, but every single time i've taken it i can feel the egg release at 24 hours later.

so for me i have a strong ovulation with ovidrel and no adverse effects. i know everyone is different though.

Kim
Kim

April 27th, 2012, 4:46 pm #3

I just think I do better on the 10,000 novarel b/c I ovulate (at least I think I do b/c I do not have cysts next cycle start) but the one shot of ovidrel I do have cysts producing estrogen (so I think no all the follicles get released). I'll have to ponder what to next cycle when I will be stimming b/c I can get the 10,000 novarel from old prescription - but hate going against my RE's protocol, sigh.

Secretly hoping this natural cycle works:) I took your advice and been drinking raspberry leaf tea for the last 2-3 days - only can do one cup per day though is all I can manage. Also tried the femoral messages the last few days too. Getting my surge tonight it looks like - right on time for a natural cycle for me! Thanks for your advice!

anne
anne

April 27th, 2012, 4:54 pm #4

get busy girl and good luck!

Confirmation of reply: