FB and Grandmothers

FB and Grandmothers

March 29th, 2012, 5:11 pm #1

You know what bothers me more then pregnancy annoucements on FB? People from HS gushing over being grandmothers. I totally understand that they are happy and want to express that, but it just drives me crazy that these people who had babies in HS are happy that their teenagers (or close to it) are already having babies. Makes me want to puke.

March 29th, 2012, 7:28 pm #2

What is HS?
Adee

Suburbanchick
Suburbanchick

March 29th, 2012, 8:55 pm #3

You know what bothers me more then pregnancy annoucements on FB? People from HS gushing over being grandmothers. I totally understand that they are happy and want to express that, but it just drives me crazy that these people who had babies in HS are happy that their teenagers (or close to it) are already having babies. Makes me want to puke.
Other emotions, too. Maybe I'm jealous? Hopeful for eveyone, too.

Jen
Jen

March 29th, 2012, 9:05 pm #4

I am finding it very difficult dealing with others pregnancy announcements. I am sorry I don't really have any advice. I can empathize. I fear FB at the moment. I also have a coworker whose wife just announced she is PG. I work in a tiny office so all day it is all I hear about. I am finding very tough. I am sorry you are to.

March 29th, 2012, 9:26 pm #5

What is HS?
(High school)

Maybe these two lines of mine can be deleted?
Please

Joy and celebrations,

Adee
Adee

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 30th, 2012, 12:31 am #6

As someone who is newly 45 and hanging onto her youth for DEAR life I do NOT get those celebrating becoming a granny at my age. WHAT?! I also have certain expectations (perhaps unrealistic or biased) that one should LIVE LIFE before having a family because once that step is made, your priorities are best placed there. I would have missed out on some AMAZING opportunities in my life had a I had a child at 20.

March 30th, 2012, 12:39 am #7

Obviously waiting or not having an opportunity to have children before 40 isn't ideal, but it just drives me crazy the number of people who are already Grandparents in their early 40's.

Maybe I just live in a more rural area then some and just see this more often. I don't know why, but it bug me.

Hey Sillypup, what did you decide with the femara?

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 30th, 2012, 12:56 am #8

I live on the back of a farm and grew up in a small southern town but I had big dreams

I am pumping full of 7.5 mg of femara which is PROBABLY NOTHING compared to what I KNOW what most of the ladies here have experienced. I will do it for another 3 days (5 total, today is day 2)

I am REALLY not into taking pills. I am on a zillion supplements but HATE medications.

Interestingly Monday evening I started having welts appear on my body followed by a crazy itch rash that spread like WILDFIRE. I have NEVER in all my life had anything like this. I had to get a steroid shot AND take a dose pack of which I decided IF I can get past only taking it for one day past the shot I am going to do it. Apparently when it rains it pours. MY RE is okay with the steroids but I cannot imagine it could be a good thing frankly?

Anyway, thanks for asking and yes let's stay young and adventurous while we can. My parents are in their 80s so I think we have a LOT of living to look forward to yet

Suz44
Suz44

March 30th, 2012, 2:26 pm #9

As someone who is newly 45 and hanging onto her youth for DEAR life I do NOT get those celebrating becoming a granny at my age. WHAT?! I also have certain expectations (perhaps unrealistic or biased) that one should LIVE LIFE before having a family because once that step is made, your priorities are best placed there. I would have missed out on some AMAZING opportunities in my life had a I had a child at 20.
Here Here SillyPup (NT)

Confirmation of reply: