estrace

estrace

alima
alima

March 2nd, 2012, 8:13 pm #1

Anyone taken estrace in the follicular phase - one dose daily of 2mg estrace before ovulation? Can this oversuppress? I am trying it vaginally to see if it will help my lining, but obviously I don't want it to oversuppress any follicle that could be growing.

Kim
Kim

March 3rd, 2012, 4:43 am #2

Yes, I took 2mg Estrace orally though and it did not oversuppress me. I think I just surged a day or so later.

alima
alima

March 3rd, 2012, 3:25 pm #3

Did you do it for your lining? Or just to suppress a dominant from happening?

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

March 3rd, 2012, 6:12 pm #4

Anyone taken estrace in the follicular phase - one dose daily of 2mg estrace before ovulation? Can this oversuppress? I am trying it vaginally to see if it will help my lining, but obviously I don't want it to oversuppress any follicle that could be growing.
I take estinyl estradiol but not estrace in the follicular phase (days 1-6 or so) but the effects are probably similar. It can really lengthen the follicular phase and slow down follicle maturation. Not a bad thing if you tend to ovulate early but you don't want to ovulate too late either.

You could consider not taking it for a few days say 2-4 or 2-5 to get the fsh "surge" to give the follicles a little boost then start taking it from day 5 or so onwards. That would also mimic a natural cycle where your endogenous estrogen would be rising as well.

Good luck!

alima
alima

March 3rd, 2012, 6:31 pm #5

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe not early on so that I don't oversuppress. but then later on once the follicle starts developing. So, maybe start taking it on day6 is your suggestion, right? That is what I was thinking - around day6. I will probably be on low dose stims, but I do know from taking estinyl with Cooper that even with low dose stims, it does slow down the development of the follicle. I just wasn't sure if the dosage of estinyl (.02mg) is equivalent to 2mg of estrace. I just didn't want to take too much estrace and really oversuppress.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

March 3rd, 2012, 9:07 pm #6

...sounds about right, but it is a bit of a guessing game. If you are doing some monitoring, you can check bloods and follicle growth and that will help.

Good luck!

Kim
Kim

March 4th, 2012, 2:47 pm #7

Yes, I took 2mg Estrace orally though and it did not oversuppress me. I think I just surged a day or so later.
I actually took estrogen during my LP - not FP - so think follow others advice on this one. Using estrogen during your FP will suppress your natural FSH. This can cause your follicle to develop slowly. For me, I have used 0.02mg ethynyl estradiol during days 1-6 while stimming and it slowed the follicle growth. Once I went off of it, the follicles seem to respond better.

Confirmation of reply: