EPP during LP and Day 2 FSH 15.7, but 5 AFC

EPP during LP and Day 2 FSH 15.7, but 5 AFC

Kim
Kim

March 3rd, 2012, 4:57 am #1

Can anyone tell me if I should go ahead with IVF with ZIFT cycle when my day 2 FSH is 15.7 despite estrogen priming (2mg at 2DPO until day before AF. My RE is ok with me moving forward at 225iu follistim, but I am not sure this will be a good cycle? Any thoughts on what to do? I took the meds tonight but could cancel tomorrow. I asked the RE the same question but he thought it ok to start. I'll get follicles but the worried the eggs will be less quality. I did an IVF cycle a year ago with day 2 FSH at 19.7 and got 6 eggs of which fert but the quality of the embies were poor - but I also stimmed fast at high doses of meds. So on that cycle not sure it was the fast stim (6 days) or the high doses or the high starting FSH?

alima
alima

March 3rd, 2012, 4:02 pm #2

I think your eggs might have been bad last cycle due to the high stims. I don't think the quality was due to the FSH (of course FSH at a normal level would be the best, but for many of us, our FSH is around 15 - 20 all the time). Unless you think you can get your FSH down more without oversuppressing, then I would probably just go for it this cycle. What is ZIFT? Is that when they put the embryo in your tubes?

March 3rd, 2012, 11:53 pm #3

Can anyone tell me if I should go ahead with IVF with ZIFT cycle when my day 2 FSH is 15.7 despite estrogen priming (2mg at 2DPO until day before AF. My RE is ok with me moving forward at 225iu follistim, but I am not sure this will be a good cycle? Any thoughts on what to do? I took the meds tonight but could cancel tomorrow. I asked the RE the same question but he thought it ok to start. I'll get follicles but the worried the eggs will be less quality. I did an IVF cycle a year ago with day 2 FSH at 19.7 and got 6 eggs of which fert but the quality of the embies were poor - but I also stimmed fast at high doses of meds. So on that cycle not sure it was the fast stim (6 days) or the high doses or the high starting FSH?
I had an fsh of 14 at the start and 6 afc. I ended up with 11 eggs and 9 fertilized. 6 made it to day 5. You stats sound very similar to mine BUT I was on super high stims. I think the quality would have been same or better with fewer stims. So I say go for it especially if you are a good responder.

Kim
Kim

March 4th, 2012, 2:24 pm #4

I think your eggs might have been bad last cycle due to the high stims. I don't think the quality was due to the FSH (of course FSH at a normal level would be the best, but for many of us, our FSH is around 15 - 20 all the time). Unless you think you can get your FSH down more without oversuppressing, then I would probably just go for it this cycle. What is ZIFT? Is that when they put the embryo in your tubes?
Thanks for your response. To answer your question, yes, ZIFT is putting the fertilized eggs back the day after retrieval. ICSI probably will be used though. The day after retrieval the RE will put the fertilized eggs back into the fallopian tube, which helps quality and development for 40+ fertilized eggs. This method works for women that have failed many IVF's previously due to poorer quality embryos or embryos not making it past a certain point.

Kim
Kim

March 4th, 2012, 2:26 pm #5

I had an fsh of 14 at the start and 6 afc. I ended up with 11 eggs and 9 fertilized. 6 made it to day 5. You stats sound very similar to mine BUT I was on super high stims. I think the quality would have been same or better with fewer stims. So I say go for it especially if you are a good responder.
Thanks! You made me feel better about giving this cycle a go! I know with EPP there are sometimes hidden follicles at the beginning. I'd be so happy with 5 making it. I just hope there is no lead follicle established or stim too fast. I am on low-moderate doses since I typically get less eggs even with high doses. My ovaries tend to shut down with higher doses.

Kim
Kim

March 4th, 2012, 2:27 pm #6

Good luck with your cycle!!!

Confirmation of reply: