Egg Retrieval Tomorrow!!

Egg Retrieval Tomorrow!!

October 13th, 2011, 2:34 pm #1

Hi ladies,

I triggered last night and my ER is tomorrow!! Woot!! I'm scared and excited at the same time. Scared because what if this cycle is not so good...and excited because..what if it is THE cycle!! I did not post while stimming because frankly all I do is beyotch and moan about how long it takes me to stim and did not want to subject you guys to that

So..the cliff notes version is this. My AFC was low for me on CD 2..it was 7 and I'm used to a much higher AFC. There is a a possibility that some were hiding...but even so...this was low for me. I last did a fresh cycle in February and will be 45 in two months so...although I was not thrilled..I was just happy to have something to work with. My first monitoring appt revealed 8 follies and lo and behold by the time I triggered there were at least 13...likely a few more because my left ovary is always hiding a few. As of two days ago at least 11 of those measured 15 or above so I am PRAYING that they are mature follies and will fertilize properly. Typically Dr. T pulls out a few more than we usually see but it has been my experience that regardless of how many are retrieved, I wind up with the number that were seen via u/s that were sizable. Just as an FYI..I used human growth hormone this cycle and I think it speeded up my stimming. I have always stimmed for 14 days but this time it was 12 days...well..13 because Dr. T made me take another shot 1/2 hour before my trigger last night so BOO to him!! LOL Still..at each step..it was clear to see that I stimmed faster this go-round..not sure if that is good or bad. I also wonder if the HGH helped bring out these additional follies. I do usually come up with follies as I go along but these seemed to come quickly and grew pretty evenly.

So ladies..think happy thoughts for me and my eggies...this is my last cycle with my own eggs. Hoping for a miracle.

October 13th, 2011, 2:37 pm #2

Hoping for a miracle for you too!

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 13th, 2011, 2:53 pm #3

Hi ladies,

I triggered last night and my ER is tomorrow!! Woot!! I'm scared and excited at the same time. Scared because what if this cycle is not so good...and excited because..what if it is THE cycle!! I did not post while stimming because frankly all I do is beyotch and moan about how long it takes me to stim and did not want to subject you guys to that

So..the cliff notes version is this. My AFC was low for me on CD 2..it was 7 and I'm used to a much higher AFC. There is a a possibility that some were hiding...but even so...this was low for me. I last did a fresh cycle in February and will be 45 in two months so...although I was not thrilled..I was just happy to have something to work with. My first monitoring appt revealed 8 follies and lo and behold by the time I triggered there were at least 13...likely a few more because my left ovary is always hiding a few. As of two days ago at least 11 of those measured 15 or above so I am PRAYING that they are mature follies and will fertilize properly. Typically Dr. T pulls out a few more than we usually see but it has been my experience that regardless of how many are retrieved, I wind up with the number that were seen via u/s that were sizable. Just as an FYI..I used human growth hormone this cycle and I think it speeded up my stimming. I have always stimmed for 14 days but this time it was 12 days...well..13 because Dr. T made me take another shot 1/2 hour before my trigger last night so BOO to him!! LOL Still..at each step..it was clear to see that I stimmed faster this go-round..not sure if that is good or bad. I also wonder if the HGH helped bring out these additional follies. I do usually come up with follies as I go along but these seemed to come quickly and grew pretty evenly.

So ladies..think happy thoughts for me and my eggies...this is my last cycle with my own eggs. Hoping for a miracle.
This is it!!!! 13 is awesome!!! Keep us posted!!!!! xoxoxox BD

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

October 13th, 2011, 2:57 pm #4

Hi ladies,

How exciting! Dee, we went into ER with 5 follicles. Got 5 eggs. 4 fertilized. We put back 3 and have our 3 year old DD. Not big numbers but at least one was viable.

I have a good feeling about this. Fingers crossed for you, Dee. This looks like a very good cycle. And I love that you have a wonderful relationship with your RE. That means so much!

Take care of yourself and post when you can.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

October 13th, 2011, 3:22 pm #5

Hi ladies,

Fingers crossed. Sending good wishes your way.

Suz43
Suz43

October 13th, 2011, 3:28 pm #6

Hi ladies,

Great news! Get some sleet tonight and will be waiting to hear how things went!

Melissa
Melissa

October 13th, 2011, 3:30 pm #7

Hi ladies,

You've always been so kind to me, Dee. I remember back in my January cycle, when I only had one follicle, how your works of support and kindness helped me get through that tough cycle. And I know you've been like that for everyone here.

I really hope that this is finally your cycle!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Melissa

October 13th, 2011, 3:31 pm #8

Hi ladies,

I'm wishing you tons of luck.

tanya
tanya

October 13th, 2011, 5:26 pm #9

Hi ladies,

I usually lurk over here but wanted to say good luck and I will say a prayer this is your lucky cycle.

October 13th, 2011, 6:11 pm #10

Hi ladies,

You definitely are one of those with fertility much younger than your age. You deserve a success!

Confirmation of reply: