Dr Check vs Dr Zheng for IVF

Dr Check vs Dr Zheng for IVF

June 19th, 2012, 11:50 am #1

ANyone else have concerns about Check's lab? Has anyone who is/was a patient there have any advice?

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 19th, 2012, 3:11 pm #2

Had treatment with Check. Looking back on it, I should have started with Zhang from day one and done mini IVF. If you live in NY, it's a no brainer. Both their stats are abysmal, but I think Zhang sees a lot more patients and is more progressive, IMHO. I regret the time wasted at Check to be honest. Have you also considered Dr. T at SIRM?

June 19th, 2012, 4:40 pm #3

Hi No Ive never really heard of SIRM until now, is he "over 40" friendly? I want to cycle this cooming month while Cornell is closed...

Why do you think Dr Zheng and who are you with now? Did you get pregnant?

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 19th, 2012, 4:53 pm #4

Yes, SIRM is very over 40 friendly. Way more then Cornell. Been there too. No, I didn't get pregnant. But, it sounds like you've been to Check, so he's the only one you'd be able to cycle this month with. Zhang will usually cycle you pretty quickly too. SIRM will take a while to get an appointment.

June 19th, 2012, 5:20 pm #5

Im supposed to go see Dr Check tomorrow, so I guess i will keep the appointment and also try Dr Zhang, SIRM I cant get into until September when i will be 42...AM I dreaming to keep this up?

June 19th, 2012, 5:23 pm #6

Yes, SIRM is very over 40 friendly. Way more then Cornell. Been there too. No, I didn't get pregnant. But, it sounds like you've been to Check, so he's the only one you'd be able to cycle this month with. Zhang will usually cycle you pretty quickly too. SIRM will take a while to get an appointment.
Im supposed to go see Dr Check tomorrow, so I guess i will keep the appointment and also try Dr Zhang, SIRM I cant get into until September when i will be 42...AM I dreaming to keep this up?

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 19th, 2012, 5:31 pm #7

Only you can answer that question. I am your exact age, 42 in October. Been everywhere, no baby, but my FSH is really high and my AFC really low and I've been skipping periods. I'm done after my last cycle this month, my 9th IVF. 1 at RMA, 3 at Check, 1 at Cornell, and this will be my fourth started at SIRM. Also multiple natural cycles and IUI's. Donor sperm, not donor sperm. Acupuncture, supplements, everything. But, I have major MF, and just bad eggs. Don't know your stats, but if it's like mine, it's not good news, if it's better, then keep trying, IMHO. AMH is less then .1 a year and half ago for me. FSH, last highest 28. If I had support of my husband, which I don't (not married) and boat loads of cash, I'd go to Zhang for another year or two, but, I've spent a ton already, about 60,000 and I'm just done. What is your FSH and AFC?

Jamie
Jamie

June 19th, 2012, 5:44 pm #8

Off the top of my head I can think of three 43 year-old ladies from this board who had babies in the last year or so (or are pregnant). You are only 41; that's not terrible, and it sounds like you responded well to stims in the past. If you have the money and the emotional fortitude, then go for it!

June 19th, 2012, 5:45 pm #9

I appreciate the support...

June 19th, 2012, 7:07 pm #10

Only you can answer that question. I am your exact age, 42 in October. Been everywhere, no baby, but my FSH is really high and my AFC really low and I've been skipping periods. I'm done after my last cycle this month, my 9th IVF. 1 at RMA, 3 at Check, 1 at Cornell, and this will be my fourth started at SIRM. Also multiple natural cycles and IUI's. Donor sperm, not donor sperm. Acupuncture, supplements, everything. But, I have major MF, and just bad eggs. Don't know your stats, but if it's like mine, it's not good news, if it's better, then keep trying, IMHO. AMH is less then .1 a year and half ago for me. FSH, last highest 28. If I had support of my husband, which I don't (not married) and boat loads of cash, I'd go to Zhang for another year or two, but, I've spent a ton already, about 60,000 and I'm just done. What is your FSH and AFC?
See next message, its complete
Last edited by Jennifer1970nyc on June 19th, 2012, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: