Dr Check Malpractice in 1995

Dr Check Malpractice in 1995

annon for this
annon for this

November 7th, 2011, 7:49 am #1

Don't hate me for posting this, I myself am a cooper lady and I plan to continue my treatments with him but i was Googling his name and came across this, and boy it freaked me out:

http://www.klinespecter.com/news_matteoli05112001.html

what do you think?

please say some thing, I am freaked out, I knew Cooper is an unorganized mad house but to this extend!!

Has any one asked check about this??

BabyDance
BabyDance

November 7th, 2011, 8:17 am #2

I may be naive, this would normally deter me, but it didn't with Check. I view it as a freak accident. Frankly, it was severe OHSS, which is highly unlikely for any of us on this board.

K
K

November 7th, 2011, 1:15 pm #3

Don't hate me for posting this, I myself am a cooper lady and I plan to continue my treatments with him but i was Googling his name and came across this, and boy it freaked me out:

what do you think?

please say some thing, I am freaked out, I knew Cooper is an unorganized mad house but to this extend!!

I read that article. There were at least 2 nurses involved who may have been guilty of malpractice, as well - malpractice that may ultimately have led to this woman's death. Many doctors have been sued, we live in a litigious society, and I myself have filed two lawsuits during my lifetime. Although this was an unfortunate story, I would not rule out using this doctor.

I am wondering why the doctor had her taking heparin prior to her procedure. I have never been told to take heparin before IVF -- only afterward (I've also been diagnosed with a borderline blood clotting disorder). Once, while taking daily heparin injections, I cut my finger and I bled and bled and bled. Heparin is risky. I figure that if I bled that much from a cut, what would happen if I were in a car accident while on heparin therapy.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

November 7th, 2011, 3:03 pm #4

what do you think?

Wow!! This poor woman. It sounds like EVERYONE..and I mean EVERYONE had a hand in this awful tragedy. First Dr. Check's office by the nurse mis-reading the u/s report and Dr. Check not responding quick enough. Then her husband of all people for performing surgery on his own wife, then a hospital and another nurse....just a mess!! Unfortunately, Dr. Check's office set off the chain of events so he and another physician at Cooper were held to be more responsible. Mistakes happen in medicine day in and day out and it seems like the actions of many others after the involvement of Dr. Check's office only compounded an already bad situation.

This is why I stop BA two to three days before ER and then resume again a few days later. I know that some Reproductive Immunologists prescribe heparin/lovenox around CD 6 of the IVF instead of after ET. I wonder if Dr. Check prescribed both or even knew. Anyway, I would not necessarily be put off by this case from seeing Dr. Check as truly..soooo many people had a hand in this tragedy.

BabyDance.
BabyDance.

November 7th, 2011, 3:25 pm #5

I actually said to him - "YOU KNOW, YOU ARE A LEGEND ON THE INTERNET", lol, after I realized, he may have thought I'd read about this, he made an off comment back to me.. I forget what he said, but blew it off, sort of... it's horrible, I mean, horrible, but, yes, many people dropped the ball here. Insane. But, it did not keep me from consulting with Check.

Alli
Alli

November 7th, 2011, 3:27 pm #6

Wow!! This poor woman. It sounds like EVERYONE..and I mean EVERYONE had a hand in this awful tragedy. First Dr. Check's office by the nurse mis-reading the u/s report and Dr. Check not responding quick enough. Then her husband of all people for performing surgery on his own wife, then a hospital and another nurse....just a mess!! Unfortunately, Dr. Check's office set off the chain of events so he and another physician at Cooper were held to be more responsible. Mistakes happen in medicine day in and day out and it seems like the actions of many others after the involvement of Dr. Check's office only compounded an already bad situation.

This is why I stop BA two to three days before ER and then resume again a few days later. I know that some Reproductive Immunologists prescribe heparin/lovenox around CD 6 of the IVF instead of after ET. I wonder if Dr. Check prescribed both or even knew. Anyway, I would not necessarily be put off by this case from seeing Dr. Check as truly..soooo many people had a hand in this tragedy.
Commented on other board but as lawyers, we know how these thing easily get out of control!

November 7th, 2011, 9:43 pm #7

what do you think?

Oh the lucky new wife and the lucky new kids, now dad has an extra $13M to spare.

Please don't scold me, this is honestly the first thought that came to my mind.

Which reminds me that I need to get my will and living trust squared away ASAP. Gotta think about these scenarios.

November 7th, 2011, 11:29 pm #8

The same thing crossed my mind.....

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

November 8th, 2011, 1:12 am #9

Oh the lucky new wife and the lucky new kids, now dad has an extra $13M to spare.

Please don't scold me, this is honestly the first thought that came to my mind.

Which reminds me that I need to get my will and living trust squared away ASAP. Gotta think about these scenarios.
I find it VERY curious that her husband thought that it was a good idea to perform surgery on his own wife....

November 8th, 2011, 6:33 am #10

if the husband actually had a mistress on the side, and this incident turned out to be the perfect storm that they had been looking for.

At the end of the movie, the two start a new life in Switzerland or something with a little girl who actually looks like his dead wife, oh chilling.

Confirmation of reply: