devastated...

devastated...

anne
anne

March 2nd, 2012, 5:57 pm #1

well my bloods came back and my fsh was 95. the doc said i was 'officially' in menopause. my question is that blood test was taken on cd 38. would this make a difference? it wasn't like it was day 3.

dhea was 38 is that normal?

this seems a bit premature but he is supposed to be an expert right?

March 2nd, 2012, 6:13 pm #2

I don't think a FSH test on Day 38 is relevant. Yes, it is high, but I think ideally you want to get it tested on day 2/3. I am surprised that a RE would test it on day 38. DHEA does sound low, so you may want to look into that. I'd get my FSH retested on CD 2 or 3.

Jamie
Jamie

March 2nd, 2012, 7:07 pm #3

if this is cycle day 38. Menopause is the absence of a period for a year, and clearly you had one 38 days ago.

That said, that is a pretty high reading for any cycle day, so you may very well be in perimenopause, particularly if your cycles now are noticeably longer than they used to be. You are in Houston, right? If so, have you thought about going to Sadna Singh at Eastern Harmony for traditional chinese medicine and herbs? She may be able to give you some really powerful herbs to help you rejuvenate your ovaries. She really helped me when I took too much DHEA and screwed up my system to the point that I had menopausal symptoms.

anne
anne

March 2nd, 2012, 7:08 pm #4

I don't think a FSH test on Day 38 is relevant. Yes, it is high, but I think ideally you want to get it tested on day 2/3. I am surprised that a RE would test it on day 38. DHEA does sound low, so you may want to look into that. I'd get my FSH retested on CD 2 or 3.
i've been crying my eyeballs out. i counted the days back and it was actually day 29. i hadn't taken any estrogen or progest or anything.

man, i hate this.

anne
anne

March 2nd, 2012, 7:10 pm #5

if this is cycle day 38. Menopause is the absence of a period for a year, and clearly you had one 38 days ago.

That said, that is a pretty high reading for any cycle day, so you may very well be in perimenopause, particularly if your cycles now are noticeably longer than they used to be. You are in Houston, right? If so, have you thought about going to Sadna Singh at Eastern Harmony for traditional chinese medicine and herbs? She may be able to give you some really powerful herbs to help you rejuvenate your ovaries. She really helped me when I took too much DHEA and screwed up my system to the point that I had menopausal symptoms.
perhaps i will give her a call since my doc seems to be firing me.

March 2nd, 2012, 7:14 pm #6

well my bloods came back and my fsh was 95. the doc said i was 'officially' in menopause. my question is that blood test was taken on cd 38. would this make a difference? it wasn't like it was day 3.

You need a calendar day 3 reading. Menopause is after 12 months of no period. Otherwise you are in peri-menopause.

Jamie
Jamie

March 2nd, 2012, 9:28 pm #7

perhaps i will give her a call since my doc seems to be firing me.
She can be tough to get into quickly so I would call her clinic, Eastern Harmony, ASAP. http://www.easternharmonyclinic.com/

Have you heard of Randine Lewis, who wrote The Infertility Cure? Here's her website: www.thefertilesoul.com Eastern Harmony was originally Randine's clinic and she trained Sadna. Randine is now busy lecturing across the U.S. and running workshops, but Sadna is the next best thing to going to Randine. Good luck!

March 2nd, 2012, 9:59 pm #8

They usually do it on day 2/3, is there any reason why he did this differently?

anne
anne

March 3rd, 2012, 12:30 am #9

here's the deal. i went in january for my u/s because i had 4 follicles; he wanted me to bring on a cycle at that time because they were small and i had had so much work done the previous few months. but i said no i wanted to wait and see what happened. my cycles have been screwed up by me going to nincompoops who don't know what they are doing;

last year i went to new acu; he gave me a nerve entrapment that totally sidswiped my treatments. i then self prescribed estrogen patches without the progesterone offset. i had a period and then had another one 14 days later and bled for 10 days straight. had a uterine biopsy during mid december. i have been scared of doing any major stims after that.

at the time, i had asked for a dhea level; after two weeks of asking for it they called me and said the bloodwork was no good and for me to have another done. my fsh was 25 on 10th january.

i am now at 43 days with no period and no cm and no sex drive. i cannot get anyone to tell me when to start estrogen and when to stop that and go to progesterone.

obviously he has given up on me. but the reason i go to these second raters is that i'm old and have high fsh so my choices are limited along with my freaking budget by now. i was amazed at how quickly the speeches changed once i turned 40. the bigotry is appalling and depressing.

anne
anne

March 3rd, 2012, 12:35 am #10

i got randine's book but honestly looking at how much she charges for her retreats and the rest of it i am not sure how many people are actually getting pg statistically. i mean her book is loaded with anecdotals but what else is she going to say? why does she charge so much if she knows how expensive all the rest of it is?

i will check out your houston contact though. what the heck, couldn't hurt right?

Confirmation of reply: