Desperation is torture!

Desperation is torture!

July 10th, 2012, 1:08 pm #1

Hi....lately I feel desperate and panicked that this isnt going to happen. I'm wracking my brain about protocols, supplements and pondering DE. I hate feeling desperate.....anyone have any tips to work through this?

Anonlongtimer
Anonlongtimer

July 10th, 2012, 1:58 pm #2

Im in that place myself now, just wanting to wallow in desperation (dont even want to use my reg screen name).Just try to take it one day at a time and make a distant plan. If not plan A, then plan B, or plan C. Just take small steps and keep moving forward. I just try to remember that each day is a new day--i can wallow in it or try do something productive to take me towards one of my goals. Im sorry you are feeling this way. The women here are wonderful and have given me hope and strength.

Jennifer
Jennifer

July 10th, 2012, 3:03 pm #3

Hi....lately I feel desperate and panicked that this isnt going to happen. I'm wracking my brain about protocols, supplements and pondering DE. I hate feeling desperate.....anyone have any tips to work through this?
Ij in the same place, and today is my birthday and I hate it, because each day that goes by I feel like my eggs are deteriorating. All I can do is know that whats menat to be will be and do my best to create the right environment...But I get it, Im wracking my brain too. You are not alone

Esilda
Esilda

July 10th, 2012, 3:42 pm #4

Im in the same place,but we need to find hope somewhere.

July 10th, 2012, 5:35 pm #5

I've been down that whole desperation path. The best advice I can give you is to come up with a plan and work towards it. Do not be afraid of using DE. I did two OE IVF cycles and felt very desperate knowing I had a very low chance of success with those cycles. Then I moved on to DE which was very scary for me. Now that my little baby boy is here I just love him so much. I could care less that we don't share genetics. I'm just so happy to have a little baby to love and he is finally here. He is perfect exactly the way he is

I wish you luck in moving forward and realizing your dream.

Jennifer
Jennifer

July 10th, 2012, 11:40 pm #6

Its good to know that when we get there, it will be joyful.Thank you for your positivity!

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

July 11th, 2012, 2:19 am #7

I've been there, and that sinking feeling that it is never going to work is nightmarish. One thing I can say is that grief is normal in this situation, and if you need to cry for an hour, hit a punching bag, don't hesitate to do it and let it out. Out of the darkest moments, clarity and hope can emerge.

I'm getting ready for my first DE cycle, and I'm more excited and hopeful than I could have imagined when I was at my bleakest moments. I still don't know whether I will have a happy end to my story, but I'm feeling much more hopeful.

Please know that so many women here can empathize with you. We literally have all been there.

Good luck to you. Hang in there.

Jamie
Jamie

July 12th, 2012, 8:26 am #8

What you are describing was my life for two years. The one thing that helped me was going to a therapist who specializes in fertility. She helped me make a plan and sift through my choices. I highly recommend this, if you can find someone good.

July 17th, 2012, 8:26 pm #9

I'm so grateful to have a place to let it all hang out and be understood! I appreciate everyone's responses and I pray we all get what we are longing for!

To those who have had success....congrats and thanks for your encouragement!

Confirmation of reply: