Decision Time - Help!

Decision Time - Help!

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 25th, 2012, 6:42 pm #1

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?



Quote
Share

Joined: February 6th, 2007, 12:57 am

April 25th, 2012, 7:08 pm #2

It looks like you have two....and that 8 might surprise you, BUT, with the timing issues......man, it is a tough call. I can't remember if you have functioning tubes or not. If so, can you do a timed intercourse cycle? I really think that even if you stop the meds, two will come along. Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck with the decision!

xoxo, Tracy

Quote
Like
Share

alima
alima

April 25th, 2012, 7:20 pm #3

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


your schedule makes it very tough. I also don't know about your tubes, but I would cancel this cycle and try on my own. You definitely have two in the running, perhaps three, but I really worry about your upcoming week. I don't think holding onto follicles using ganirelix is a good idea, because I have seen post mature eggs come out this way.
Quote
Share

summerwind03
summerwind03

April 25th, 2012, 7:50 pm #4

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


mostly because your estrogen isn't rising enough to really justify more than 2 follies, and the timing is so tricky. I'm sorry this is so stressful for you.
Quote
Share

anne
anne

April 25th, 2012, 8:32 pm #5

It looks like you have two....and that 8 might surprise you, BUT, with the timing issues......man, it is a tough call. I can't remember if you have functioning tubes or not. If so, can you do a timed intercourse cycle? I really think that even if you stop the meds, two will come along. Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck with the decision!

xoxo, Tracy
also because you are obviously stressed and that won't help things. you can always do TI. i would start bd'ng now.
Quote
Share

Kim
Kim

April 25th, 2012, 8:37 pm #6

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


The E2 levels can surprise and pop up. E2 has doubled since last scan two days ago - or not? Can't remember now? Hmmm, think you are growing the lead by 1mm per day but they can grow faster toward the end. Holding on to follicles with ganerilix is not a great idea, like the pp said.

Friday you head in for another u/s and bw? If so, I'd decide then or even wait to Saturday to see as sure you'd go in Sat again for a scan? You may want to keep taking the meds for the next few days to make sure you get those two - possibly three if the 8 catches up. If it looks like you will go to retrieval around your time out of town just cancel in the end. You have plenty of time to decide on whether to cancel in my opinion.
Quote
Share

jkl
jkl

April 25th, 2012, 9:14 pm #7

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


I never had luck when I stimmed long, although it only happened a couple of times so hard to say...

Given timing difficulties, can you switch to an IUI (or just TI)? You don't have tube issues do you? I just think it would be shame to let them go at this point but not sure I would use the IVF try...

So my story is, I did an IVF (#3 ivf) had 2 follies, only 1 fertilized, no luck. Next cycle the timing issues were tricky, my husband was traveling but I had 3 follies so I switched to an IUI (also had an HSG that cycle). That one was successful.

I know you don't want to use more meds but...you've grown them to this point, seems a waste to let them go...

hoping for you Phoebe!!!

jkl
Quote
Share

Joined: December 20th, 2010, 7:38 pm

April 25th, 2012, 9:37 pm #8

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


How long were you on stim? 8-12 is ideal, so if you are CD11 and have to go to CD15 for retrieval you are fine, assuming that you started stim on CD3.

Your E2 suggests that two follicles in the running and E2 towards the end can rise very fast, 166 is not out of range. The question is whether you can recruit the third follicle, there is a chance. Why don't you wait for Friday to make the decision?

I think you should keep stimming regardless of whether you go through retrieval. Even if you do TI, you want as many mature eggs as possible.
Quote
Like
Share

tanya
tanya

April 26th, 2012, 3:50 pm #9

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


Do you still have my email? Can you email me?
Quote
Share

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 26th, 2012, 3:52 pm #10

Decision Time. Help! Your input is highly requested.

-We are self-pay.
-This is Cycle #2 of a 3-cycle mini-IVF package
-Clinic does not do ER's on Sundays.
-I am out-of-town on Monday (of course, the one time all year and cannot change it)
-DH is most likely off line on Tuesday but may be available, not sure yet
-We have limited meds remaining

CD11
Right: 8mm and 5mm
Left: 13mm and 11mm

E2: 166
Prog: 0.6
LH: 8.0

CD3-CD5 at 150 iu's follistim.
CD6-CD10 at 225 iu's follistim.

The clinic wants me to go to 300 iu's of follistim AND Garinelix and back in on Friday.

Four concerns:
1. I've never stimmed this long. In our previous 9 cycles of IUI or IVF we have triggered on CD10 and either IUI or IVF on CD12.

2. (Sorry TMI) When the u/s tech puts the wand in my uterus feels achey and a bit painful. That's never happened before. Things seem "off" a little.

3. We are pouring through meds and I don't have many left. We only have 4 vials of Garinelex left total.

4. Schedule-wise it appears that we would trigger on Friday or Saturday night. No ER's on Sunday so more Garinelex to hold off until Monday....Oh, but I'm not available on Monday....so more Garinelex until Tuesday.

I hate to pull the plug on the potential of 2 follicles getting to the right size. I hate to use all my meds now on an unusual cycle.

What do you all think?


We'll try to BD every other night through Wednesday or so. Somehow, it seems to be a chore these days. I miss those fun times rather than feeling-like-work times.

Anyhow, with schedules, et al, just too much for us and the timing doesn't seem to work at all.

I just hope I don't have regrets and can move forward with optimism.

Thank you all for being with me on this crazy journey. I thank you all for your expertise and kindness.
Quote
Share


Confirmation of reply: