Day 43, no period, not pregnant.

Day 43, no period, not pregnant.

BabyDance
BabyDance

September 6th, 2012, 4:42 pm #1

I had a pos OPK around day 12 of my cycle, then no period, so assuming I didn't actually ovulate. I sort of suspect that I am just onto a next cycle and maybe another pos OPK around what would have been by next ovulation and then maybe get a period around the 60 day mark. I know it's just speculation, but does anyone have experience with this? Should I be OPK'ing? This is confusing. Then I think maybe I'm just entering full blown menopause. Frustrating, upsetting, and scary... thanks, in advance.

September 6th, 2012, 6:29 pm #2

Well if you look it up on the internet it is possible for a woman to be pregnant and never get a positive on a HPT. So, we can only keep our fingers crossed that would be the case for you. I do not want to get your hopes up on this though. So, you could have a blood test to rule it out if you don't get your period. The thing is, if you were to be pregnant it would be a good idea to start progesterone.

But, if you don't think you ovulated then you could still ovulate. To be safe I think you should continue with OPK's and BD. For some women the OPK's don't work well either so the safest is to just continue to BD.

I used to look at fertiity charts online and it is possible to have a long cycle, ovulate much later than the usual 14 days and get pregnant from that cycle.
My accupuncturist used to say, it's not over until you get your period.

I know this is scary, sad and frustrating for you. I'm sending you some good vibes.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

September 6th, 2012, 8:36 pm #3

I had a pos OPK around day 12 of my cycle, then no period, so assuming I didn't actually ovulate. I sort of suspect that I am just onto a next cycle and maybe another pos OPK around what would have been by next ovulation and then maybe get a period around the 60 day mark. I know it's just speculation, but does anyone have experience with this? Should I be OPK'ing? This is confusing. Then I think maybe I'm just entering full blown menopause. Frustrating, upsetting, and scary... thanks, in advance.
Long stretches between AF. Then when AF arrives it's for a couple of days. Or a full 7 days and really heavy. So frustrating. I have not taken any meds to bring on AF...I just wait it out. 42 days, 35 days, etc.

I'm so sorry. It's so odd to be TTC'ing and experiencing these changes in our systems.

Here's hoping you get AF soon and you are back on the road to TTC'ing.

Violet
Violet

September 6th, 2012, 9:05 pm #4

I know how frustrating this is. I found that at one point my LH was high and thus the + OPK when I wasn't ovulating yet. Just a thought.

If insurance covers, I would get some bloods run. When you get your period again because you will, you could try to have some bloods done around CD 7 to see if the LH is high...then repeat on CD 10 or 11 to see what's going on.

I hope you work this out soon.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 6th, 2012, 9:51 pm #5

I was going to mention the same thing: OPKs are not reliable for high FSHers, they show positive when LH is over 20 or so. High FSH goes hand-in-hand with high LH, often 1:1

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

September 7th, 2012, 12:56 am #6

OPK's are tough with high FSH as LH also runs high and gives false positives. Hugs.

Holly
Holly

September 7th, 2012, 4:51 am #7

Babydance!

I'm glad to see you're still trying. I was hoping you wouldn't give up! Before I started this board I went to a GP that really promoted CM charting to help with fertility issues. I discounted it in the beginning but really felt after a couple of months that is was an excellent tool (better then BBT or OPK's) in determining IF I ovulated and exactly when. It even told me when I was pregnant long before I took a pee test (sadly that PG ended in a M/C). Mucus changes when your PG and if you chart long enough you'll know something's different as early as 5 days after you ovulate. Let me know if you need more info. I can probably send you some links.

Good luck Girl!

Holly

BabyDance
BabyDance

September 9th, 2012, 9:58 pm #8

And yes, blood work would help, but I'm just on a break really, but I don't think you ever really totally let go.. stopped all treatment, so don't want to do bloodwork. And good point, Holly, about CM, I seem to have it sometimes, but mostly not anymore. I've had a positive OPK for a few days, and thought I may be ovulating, but since I haven't had a period, I have not a clue, or if it's just high from menopause... thanks again, all..

Holly
Holly

September 10th, 2012, 6:37 pm #9

This is when you'll get PG - on a break and stressfree! Seems to happen more then not!

Confirmation of reply: