Chemical - Beta of 12 (m/c ment)

Chemical - Beta of 12 (m/c ment)

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 12th, 2012, 7:04 pm #1

They want me to go in on Wed for another beta and see where that number goes. They've had 1 patient that has sustained a healthy, live birth after a beta of 12 but most have ended in m/c. Since my AF started yesterday, or this early m/c, then I would say that I'm on the path of trying to get that number down to 0.

I'm benched this cycle and will wait for that 0 number and then start the following month. Which is fine with me.

Thoughts and insight are always welcome. Thanks, friends.

March 12th, 2012, 7:13 pm #2

My last RE told me many cases like this - heavy flow at the beginning while the pregnancy sustained. It typically happens when you have more than one embryo in there, because if one fails, it needs to find a way out of your body. Sometimes it is absorbed within the uterus, sometimes it just comes out. Btw, I had one of those low-beta successful pregnancies, so I won't worry about it too much.

I think even a chemical is a very positive sign. It means that your system is all go but this time the embryo quality still needs a boost.

I hope it will work out for you this time, but even if it doesn't, I really see you on the right path.

lucy999
lucy999

March 12th, 2012, 7:14 pm #3

They want me to go in on Wed for another beta and see where that number goes. They've had 1 patient that has sustained a healthy, live birth after a beta of 12 but most have ended in m/c. Since my AF started yesterday, or this early m/c, then I would say that I'm on the path of trying to get that number down to 0.

I'm benched this cycle and will wait for that 0 number and then start the following month. Which is fine with me.

To still have a beta of 12 and have af? are you sure it is Af or just bleeding? Wed will give a clearer picture. Let us see. Sending hugs.

MargieD
MargieD

March 12th, 2012, 7:31 pm #4

I had an early M/C, but I had AF for a week after I stopped my P4 supported. My beta was still in 100's on the last day of AF. Am still waiting for my b/w results from Friday to see if the number dropped to O.

So I think it's possible to have a positive beta and AF.

March 12th, 2012, 8:10 pm #5

Take care of yourself. I know that for now it's best to picture this realistically, but I'm praying for you that you get a nice surprise on Wednesday.

March 12th, 2012, 8:28 pm #6

I hope you are pleasantly surprised with your next beta, but I also know that you have to be prepared for the alternative. Sending you big hugs.

Jamie
Jamie

March 12th, 2012, 8:58 pm #7

Hugs. I know this is very disappointing.

I know it's hard to look at the positive, but a chemical at least shows that you are capable to producing blasts that can implant. My guess is that the chromosomes were not right.

My only suggestion is to make sure to take all the egg quality supplements and keep going. I think that you have as good a chance as anyone. You may want to freeze the next two rounds and then have them all tested for correct chromosomes, but that will probably be another $5K cost for the analysis. The advantage would be knowing what you've got before doing transfer. I don't know if this is what you want though; just throwing it out there.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 13th, 2012, 1:11 am #8

Phoebe...so sorry that you are in limbo. As you know...it can go either way. Praying that you have a positive outcome.

alima
alima

March 13th, 2012, 2:44 am #9

about the outcome. Hopefully you will get good news on Wednesday. I am thinking positive thoughts for you.

AnnaGr
AnnaGr

March 13th, 2012, 7:57 am #10

I hope you get good news on Wed. Its not over yet-...fingers crossed for you. xxxx

Confirmation of reply: