CD9, 22mm Ovarian Cyst for over a cycle, 311 E2

wanttwo
wanttwo

April 17th, 2012, 5:38 pm #1

Hi Everyone,

I have a 22 mm cyst for over a cycle or two and my OB/GYN is stumped on this one b/c he thought it should resolve itself. My CD2 E2 is 311. Right now, I am working with the OB/GYN until I see Dr. Gill in May.

Today is CD9 and I still haven't ovulated. The ultrasound today showed the same cyst and he got me to do an E2 blood draw. We'll find out what is going on tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have been working with an acupuncturist and wondering should I stop all acupuncture and herbs?

Thanks!!

Kim
Kim

April 17th, 2012, 5:53 pm #2

triggering the cyst with ovidrel or lupron? Does your doctor recommend aspirating the cyst? Sounds like you are interested in natural methods? If so, I would have thought the cyst would resolve itself, and for me I think I need to surge my next cycle to get rid of it. Circles back to triggering it with meds or using lupron which will cause release of FSH and LH. Sorry I cannot comment on the acu and herbs much - but maybe stop the herbs if you think it could be causing issues?

April 17th, 2012, 11:16 pm #3

Hi Everyone,

I have a 22 mm cyst for over a cycle or two and my OB/GYN is stumped on this one b/c he thought it should resolve itself. My CD2 E2 is 311. Right now, I am working with the OB/GYN until I see Dr. Gill in May.

Today is CD9 and I still haven't ovulated. The ultrasound today showed the same cyst and he got me to do an E2 blood draw. We'll find out what is going on tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have been working with an acupuncturist and wondering should I stop all acupuncture and herbs?

Thanks!!
are you taking?

April 18th, 2012, 4:08 am #4

triggering the cyst with ovidrel or lupron? Does your doctor recommend aspirating the cyst? Sounds like you are interested in natural methods? If so, I would have thought the cyst would resolve itself, and for me I think I need to surge my next cycle to get rid of it. Circles back to triggering it with meds or using lupron which will cause release of FSH and LH. Sorry I cannot comment on the acu and herbs much - but maybe stop the herbs if you think it could be causing issues?
My OB/GYN is really puzzled about this. I don't know if I want him giving me Lupron, etc. He gave me Clomid last month and I think that screwed me up. However, I think I had this cyst before the Clomid so I don't know why it hasn't resolved itself. He didn't mention aspirating it. I think he did mention BC pills so if I have to take it then I will.

All my docs and REs tell me to try natural. My OB/GYN is the only one willing to go do IUI but the cyst is in the way. I haven't tried injectibles but may actually need to go with IVF after this cyst.

April 18th, 2012, 4:15 am #5

are you taking?
a special manufactured formulation the acu creates. Days 1-3 are one specific bottle. I am currently on Day 4-10 bottle and the ingredients are: San Ling, Da Huang, Mu Dan Pi, Hong Hua, Rou Gui, Tao Ren, Fai Niu Xi, E Zhu, Dang Gui. I'm supposed to take 5 pills 2x a day.

TenaciousB
TenaciousB

April 18th, 2012, 4:27 pm #6

My OB/GYN is really puzzled about this. I don't know if I want him giving me Lupron, etc. He gave me Clomid last month and I think that screwed me up. However, I think I had this cyst before the Clomid so I don't know why it hasn't resolved itself. He didn't mention aspirating it. I think he did mention BC pills so if I have to take it then I will.

All my docs and REs tell me to try natural. My OB/GYN is the only one willing to go do IUI but the cyst is in the way. I haven't tried injectibles but may actually need to go with IVF after this cyst.
I feel like I'm the queen of cysts! I've had them numerous times between stim cycles. Most of the time they'll go away after a resting cycle, but if not (or if I don't want to wait that long), 10 days on a low dose birth control pill usually resolves the cysts for me.

April 18th, 2012, 7:03 pm #7

a special manufactured formulation the acu creates. Days 1-3 are one specific bottle. I am currently on Day 4-10 bottle and the ingredients are: San Ling, Da Huang, Mu Dan Pi, Hong Hua, Rou Gui, Tao Ren, Fai Niu Xi, E Zhu, Dang Gui. I'm supposed to take 5 pills 2x a day.
I'm not seeing anything obvious there that might explain the high estrogen level or a cyst, but it is possible that they are affecting you that way.

I've seen some women have success shrinking cysts with a castor oil pack protocol. I've also see some have success with False Unicorn Root. But I definitely wouldn't use the FUR unless you discussed it with your herbal pill prescriber.

BCP's are an option and would likely help, but you might want to discuss things with your acupuncturist/herbalist first or try the castor oil packs first. There is always the risk with the BCP's that they will over-suppress your ovaries or throw your hormones more out of whack when you stop them. Just my opinion.

Oh, and I also wonder if lupron or synarel as a one or two day only trigger might help pop the cyst. I wouldn't recommend the continuous use of them to suppress your hormones, but the initial burst of FSH and LH from the first dose or two can sometimes be used as a trigger.
Last edited by krgh on April 18th, 2012, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 18th, 2012, 11:42 pm #8

Seems we are on the same page today b/c this morning I did a 45 minute castor oil pack and it was a very serene break for me.

This is the first time I ever experienced a cyst and I wonder if my stress levels are making me not ovulate. I need to go back and exercise, meditate, and do some hatha/kundalini yoga. I am constantly wondering why I never see a BFP since trying and I'm always wondering if I need to take more than my current ton of supplements, check some hormone to see if it's off kilter or I have some kind of congenital problem, etc. Need to stop researching so much, worrying like there's no tomorrow and get back to my life.

Still have not heard back from the OB/GYN. He keeps mentioning my high FSH and low AMH that maybe I should consider other options. Should I see an RE for this cyst?

Thanks for reading about my issue and helping out.

April 18th, 2012, 11:43 pm #9

I feel like I'm the queen of cysts! I've had them numerous times between stim cycles. Most of the time they'll go away after a resting cycle, but if not (or if I don't want to wait that long), 10 days on a low dose birth control pill usually resolves the cysts for me.
Maybe I should try it if it will get rid of the little bugger. n/t

April 21st, 2012, 1:27 pm #10

I'm always a little concerned about BCP's over-suppressing, but if you only take them for 10-14 days, there isn't as much danger of that. I did take them one time to shrink a 30mm cyst. The plan was to do a full month (3 weeks active pills), but I was so sick from migraines after 12 days that I had to stop. The cyst did shrink considerably, although I can't recall right now how small it was when I started stims.

Confirmation of reply: