Broodyhen

Broodyhen

Kim
Kim

April 19th, 2012, 3:11 pm #1

How are you doing? Wanted to see if you think the antibiotic regime your and your husband were on helped?

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

April 21st, 2012, 2:27 am #2

thanks for checking in! i'm afraid the antibiotics didn't get me a BFP. i didn't stim or do any monitoring last cycle, so i don't know if there was any positive impact. i'm going to take doxy again this cycle for the heck of it since i have an extra dose on hand. but even though i didn't get pregnant i still think there may be something to it.

i'm feeling pretty defeated overall. i have gained 15 pounds over these past few months. i blame the dex. it just sucks to think that 15 pounds is what i'll have to show for all these cycles, month after month of frustration. i'm trying to find ways to process the disappointment and figure out how to close the door. i just did what i think will be my last IVIG today (that is the other thing i have to show for my efforts - debt!!) and i've got to start coming off the steroids. so i'm going to give it another shot this month and... even as i type i have such a hard time letting go! i can't get over thinking that i'll give up and the next cycle would have been the one. its pathological, really. i was considering low-stim for this cycle, but now the 200mg progesterone 1x day is even delaying my cycle by 3 or 4 days, while my body forges ahead so i already have a good-size follicle recruited by CD2 at which point there is no point in stimming for more. i have a stock of follistim i'd like to use but it seems like i have to stop the progesterone support if i don't want a dominant on CD2, which could mean forfeiting the previous cycle if i go without it. i'm not sure what to do and how to best wind down, but i think i'll probably finish out this cycle and start weaning myself off all the immune protocol drugs and throw some follistim into the mix for a cycle or two before throwing in the towel. sorry to be so glum! thanks for asking and for listening.

how are you doing?? i hope you are doing well and enjoying your rest cycle.

Kim
Kim

April 23rd, 2012, 5:54 pm #3

thinking all this work we do for nada! But at least we can say we tried all we can. I still think we will try naturally even if the next round of IVF does not work.

Have you thought about just using the dexa around O time (-3 through O day)? Just think it may help to have a little boost around O rather than using for prolonged use. Don't worry about the weight - it will come off soon enough after you stop taking the steroids, etc. I had the same problem with weight gain, but more due to eating more from stress since December. Gained 8 lbs - but lost almost half of it recently by cutting back on my eating habits and trying to exercise here and there. No fun getting back to shape! Well exercising more in hopes it will increase my blood flow and lining, etc.

Trying myself to resolve myself to a possible no more little ones too. Some days are better than others! Hope you get a lucky egg here soon!

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

April 24th, 2012, 10:21 pm #4

thanks, kim :) n/t

Confirmation of reply: