Bleeding again day 12

Bleeding again day 12

September 15th, 2011, 4:35 pm #1

Hello
At the end of my tether and not sure what to do. I am trying naturally despite my high fsh and amh 0.1 as I have m/c twice in the past year or so after natural bfp. I am now 39.
Anyway after a blip earlier in the year I have had fairly regular 24 day cycles until my last one which lasted 37 days. Anyway I put that down to some work stress and started looking to this months ov with optimism. Anyway I woke up yesterday day 11 to V bright red flow. Cried my eyes out and the bleeding is now quite heavy for me. In fact a lot heavier than what I thought was my last period. Which was a usual 2-3 day average flow.
I am so scared All I can find online is about excessive bleeding and menopause. I am not currently under the care of a re and I am in the uk and called one private clinic who seemed to only want to talk ivf appointments in a few weeks.
Dp is trying his best to be supportive and it has opened up a de conversation again.
I am gutted I was building up for lots of bd and now I feel totally drained and depressed. Really really fearful.

The only difference I have made lately is taking kelp for iodine.
If I speak to a gp they will refer me and that will take a few weeks has anyone had anything similar. Is it a menopause thing?
So scared- my mum is also away so can't ask her if this happened to her in menopause-but she is actually quite cross with me everytime I worry about early menopause to her as she says it is all psycological.
Just don't know who to tturn to
X

melly
melly

September 15th, 2011, 7:28 pm #2

I am sorry that you¡¦re going thru this. I can really relate to your story. I am no help but just let you know I have similar story right now. I am 35 yrs. old... It may be menopause or not ,but I was normal last 3 years.(well, since 32yrs. I was having 28 days cycles and after diagnosed with high FSh my cycle went down to 26 days ) I was fine except 26-28 days cycles ovulating /mucus etc. but I took BCP this May and it really screwed me up. I read online that I believe I start having estrogen dominant cycles. Meaning no/little progesterone in the body to ovulate. I will see my Re in 2 weeks and see what he is going to say. Just run the blood work and came with high estrogen but I am bleeding almost 2 weeks now. Anyway, I feel like you are also going thru estrogen dominant cycle. You may have cyct as well¡K. Just go to your obyn ask to test your estrogen / progesterone levels. I also heard there are test that you can order onlive it is called ¡§Saliva test ¡§ just to see your hormone levels. I will tell you more, once I hear from my Re in 2 weeks ¼(( Also read online " VITEX " supposed to help that kind of problems but never used it. I may give it a try though I just bought it yesterday.
Good Luck

September 15th, 2011, 7:35 pm #3

Sorry you are having a tough time too. I just feel so exhausted by it all it was such a shock to sees other af after it had ended a week before. I usually have quite light periods now days- so it's all a bit draining as well.
Good luck with your tests x

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 15th, 2011, 8:17 pm #4

Hello
At the end of my tether and not sure what to do. I am trying naturally despite my high fsh and amh 0.1 as I have m/c twice in the past year or so after natural bfp. I am now 39.
Anyway after a blip earlier in the year I have had fairly regular 24 day cycles until my last one which lasted 37 days. Anyway I put that down to some work stress and started looking to this months ov with optimism. Anyway I woke up yesterday day 11 to V bright red flow. Cried my eyes out and the bleeding is now quite heavy for me. In fact a lot heavier than what I thought was my last period. Which was a usual 2-3 day average flow.
I am so scared All I can find online is about excessive bleeding and menopause. I am not currently under the care of a re and I am in the uk and called one private clinic who seemed to only want to talk ivf appointments in a few weeks.
Dp is trying his best to be supportive and it has opened up a de conversation again.
I am gutted I was building up for lots of bd and now I feel totally drained and depressed. Really really fearful.

The only difference I have made lately is taking kelp for iodine.
If I speak to a gp they will refer me and that will take a few weeks has anyone had anything similar. Is it a menopause thing?
So scared- my mum is also away so can't ask her if this happened to her in menopause-but she is actually quite cross with me everytime I worry about early menopause to her as she says it is all psycological.
Just don't know who to tturn to
X
Hey....so sorry that this happened. Almost the smae thing happened to me last week. I started a thread on why was I bleeding the Sunday before last. Anyway, I starting bleeding again the evening of CD 7 after having sex with DH. Yes...abnormal bleeding could be a sign or perimenopause, fibroids bleeding etc Like you, what scared me was that it was fresh bright red blood. My GYN said perimenopause or stress after not seeing anything in the vagina or cervix but refused to do an u/s. Went to my RE who found a huge blood clot in my uterus via u/s. The next day I had to have an hysterocopy to remove the blood and find the source of the bleeding. Turns out I had polyps that a saline u/s did not detect.

All I can say is get an appt ASAP and don't let anyone tell you its nothing. I know how scared you must feel. After reading the internet I was a mess thinking about the possibilities. Chances are you will be just fine even if it turns out to be a blood clot..it might just resolve itself. Regardless...I would have a thorough examination done. Good luck!!

September 15th, 2011, 10:09 pm #5

Gosh that sounds awful-Poor you- will definitely call the drs tomorrow. Had a long chat with a female pharmacist aware of my previous m/c who wondered if the first period was a real one as it was only two days and quite light. Both her and dp have suggested this might be another m/c but I don't think so. I am quite worried about how tired it has made me- literally came home from work and sat on the floor with exhaustion. Just browsing posts there seems to be alot of us with weird bleeding at the moment?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 16th, 2011, 5:02 am #6

That recently, many of us have had issues with abnormal bleeding lately. What's THAT about? URGH!! Anyway...let us know how things resolve for you and try not to worry.

Confirmation of reply: