Anyone know what Dr. T says about the testosterone protocol?

Anyone know what Dr. T says about the testosterone protocol?

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 9th, 2012, 7:12 pm #1

Like Lady G's? I think he would say he doesn't like to add androgens, but clearly this works.

May 9th, 2012, 7:20 pm #2

Hi there,
I keep seeing "Dr T" in alot of these posts. What is his full name and is he comparable to Dr. Check without the hassle?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2012, 7:21 pm #3

Like Lady G's? I think he would say he doesn't like to add androgens, but clearly this works.
Don't think he's currently using it in protocols. Haven't asked him directly about it, but I know he feels androgens are counterproductive. (LadyG may prove otherwise...?)

...the research is ever-evolving. That's why it's good to compare notes on this forum!

TenaciousB
TenaciousB

May 9th, 2012, 7:21 pm #4

That was from me, not anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2012, 7:25 pm #5

Hi there,
I keep seeing "Dr T" in alot of these posts. What is his full name and is he comparable to Dr. Check without the hassle?
www.haveababy.com
SIRM
New York Office

He and Check have different philosophies, from what I've read. I wonder if they know each other...probably so. It's a small world!

alima
alima

May 9th, 2012, 7:30 pm #6

is that they don't like anything with androgens or LH, but whenever I have used menopur, my cycles are better. I get more eggs than just follistim alone. I wonder if for a subset of women it might be better. For example, I once asked Ch,eck and they said that they have found that adding menopur helps older women. I could see if you have PCOS, you would not want to add in more androgen or LH, but for those of us without PCOS, I am starting to think it might help. Doesn't DHEA do the same thing in a roundabout way - increase your testosterone?

TenaciousB
TenaciousB

May 9th, 2012, 8:08 pm #7

But he uses a smaller amount than is found in Menopur(which is a premixed fsh/lh combo). Instead, he prefers plain FSH (increasing dose up or down) concurrent with a small, consistent dose of Luveris.

May 9th, 2012, 8:23 pm #8

www.haveababy.com
SIRM
New York Office

He and Check have different philosophies, from what I've read. I wonder if they know each other...probably so. It's a small world!
I'm very new to Dr. Checks office but have only seen Dr. Check once and that was during my initial consultation. After that, I have been being treated by Phantom doctors and IVF nursse via the telephone... I'm not really happy but if the end result is a healthy baby I can tolerate this. I really wonder why Dr. Checks office is adverse to Clomid though. It was the only drug that actually made me ovulate. I have asked for it several times and they keep prescribing Bravelle and Menopur which I have no response too...

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 9th, 2012, 9:09 pm #9

He is against it. Says it does not make infertile women more fertile...

Jamie
Jamie

May 9th, 2012, 9:47 pm #10

is that they don't like anything with androgens or LH, but whenever I have used menopur, my cycles are better. I get more eggs than just follistim alone. I wonder if for a subset of women it might be better. For example, I once asked Ch,eck and they said that they have found that adding menopur helps older women. I could see if you have PCOS, you would not want to add in more androgen or LH, but for those of us without PCOS, I am starting to think it might help. Doesn't DHEA do the same thing in a roundabout way - increase your testosterone?
Showing that pregnancy rates are better when LH is used in older women's cycles. Will have to try to find it.

Confirmation of reply: