Any thoughts, I would be so grateful. (preg ment)

Any thoughts, I would be so grateful. (preg ment)

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

May 4th, 2012, 1:45 pm #1

HI all,

Hoping you all might have some opinions and advice. I am going to list some facts about my situation so you have background. I am so sorry that this is so long:

45, FSH tested 2X in past 5 months once was 10, once was 13. Estradiol was 21 and 11. LH was 4, testosterone n/t. AFC on cd3- 8

Found an RE who was willing to do some limited intervention and I have opted out of attempting to see REs at places such **** I R M or NH although I have done phone consult with S I R M. RE was willing to do stim cycles and IUI but not IVF as she said that would be "taking my money". She of course brought up DE soon into the conversation.

I have been BBT for the past few months and the charts seem to be fairly consistent although my coverline temp seems to be rising with each cycle.

I have conceived successfully 2x in the past with NO effort being put into that. The last time I was 34. Since that time I have not attempted to conceive and have used condoms only for prevention never any hormones or devices. I add that because I am one of the few people I know that has not used any other form of BC than condoms for her entire life.

During US scan of uterus RE found a couple of small polyps and removed them. I had known they were there since I was 38 and they had not changed in size although the cycles after removal seemed to be less "clotty".

My uterus and tubes otherwise looked great and afterwards were "perfect". This surgery was in early March in my second cycle of TTC. She said it was a VERY easy surgery as the polyps just had to be snipped off and were a combined size of less than 1.5 inches.

I started taking a bunch of supplement in late January which include, Maca, wild yam root, fish oil: AHA 1000, 200 mgCo-Q10-but switched to Ubiquinol about two weeks ago, Prenatal, antioxidant-has ALA, N-acetyl L cysteine, Spirulina, Wheat grass tablets and Inositol.

I use a CBFM and also cross test with the CB digital as I am getting closer to my HIGH/PEAK days.

I have been TTC since February. In Feb and March my CBFM showed 4 HIGH days before PEAK and this matched my CB digital ovulation tests.

In late March,I got some sort of weird allergic reaction to something,probably from a nature hike that resulted in welts that spread on my body. I had an injection of steroid to calm things down and used a dose pack for 2 days afterwards.

This allergic reaction occurred the day BEFORE my RE had me take Femara. I took 7.5mg of Femara on CD 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger on CD 10. She had me trigger that day because I had three large follicles ready to go: 16, 17 and 21. My lining was 9.5 I was traveling so the only option was TI.

I tested using my CBFM and CB digital fully aware that data might be skewed having taken Femara and Ovidrel. That said on CD 12 as has been the case in my past two cycles of testing, I showed a PEAK. What I did not show this 3rd cycle was four days of highs. I only showed one day of a high(Cd 11) and then the PEAK on cd 12.

Unfortunately I did not get PG this cycle on limited meds but I did manage to develop a UTI. Not sure why because I don't normally get those. Could have been all the BDing and walking as I was traveling and sight seeing in NYC and potentially dehydrated.

I got put on a short course of Macrobid (4 days) but that didn't seem to cure it so a week later I had to go on a 7 day course of Cipro. Finished that going into the early days of my 4th cycle TTC. Opted out of using meds this cycle because I was concerned that my poor liver and kidneys might need a rest after the bout of surgery, followed by steroids followed by UTI medication.

I also started my period on CD 26 vs. cd 27 when I would normally start my period.

This is my 4th month TTC. So far, I am back to "my normal health" with no UTI and no rash. Thank goodness. I decided to add DHEA to the mix of supplements to take. This was after much research and reading and indecisiveness. So I added in 50 mg of micronized DHEA.

So here I am on CD 13 with NO HIGH on my CBFM at all. It is still reading LOW. And by now given the experience on the last three cycles I would have already O'ed. I realize that my 3rd cycle was on meds so it is not as easy to use that as a true cycle.

I am wondering if the DHEA is the culprit and what experience any of you might have with this supplement. I told my RE that I wanted to use injectibles and Femara along with IUI this next cycle but I am really wondering if somehow the Femara changed my hormones or if it is possible that 10 days worth of DHEA could change things so quickly?

I am 6 months into being 45 so I guess it is possible that my body and my cycle is changing too but who knows?

Looking for an opinion and any insight you all might be willing to give.

anne
anne

May 4th, 2012, 3:45 pm #2

it might be the dhea. femara never screwed me up and i took it many times. your body may be recovering from all the weirdness of the past few months and you may have an anovulatory cycle. i'm kind of scared of dhea but you may or may not have a reaction but have you had a blood test showing what level dhea-s you are at? if mid to high normal level, i wouldn't take it.

either way i would give it some time at any rate. you need to know your level of dhea because that stuff can cause some weird reactions.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

May 4th, 2012, 6:22 pm #3

I really am at a loss as to what to do but I am thinking that this is REALLY distressing.

I think DHEA got its real boost in the repertoire of fertility for older women based off of one study in Israel as far as I can tell.

Just feel like this has been a crazy 3 months since I started TTC and kind of like when it rains it pours you know?

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

May 4th, 2012, 6:34 pm #4

HI all,

Hoping you all might have some opinions and advice. I am going to list some facts about my situation so you have background. I am so sorry that this is so long:

45, FSH tested 2X in past 5 months once was 10, once was 13. Estradiol was 21 and 11. LH was 4, testosterone n/t. AFC on cd3- 8

Found an RE who was willing to do some limited intervention and I have opted out of attempting to see REs at places such **** I R M or NH although I have done phone consult with S I R M. RE was willing to do stim cycles and IUI but not IVF as she said that would be "taking my money". She of course brought up DE soon into the conversation.

I have been BBT for the past few months and the charts seem to be fairly consistent although my coverline temp seems to be rising with each cycle.

I have conceived successfully 2x in the past with NO effort being put into that. The last time I was 34. Since that time I have not attempted to conceive and have used condoms only for prevention never any hormones or devices. I add that because I am one of the few people I know that has not used any other form of BC than condoms for her entire life.

During US scan of uterus RE found a couple of small polyps and removed them. I had known they were there since I was 38 and they had not changed in size although the cycles after removal seemed to be less "clotty".

My uterus and tubes otherwise looked great and afterwards were "perfect". This surgery was in early March in my second cycle of TTC. She said it was a VERY easy surgery as the polyps just had to be snipped off and were a combined size of less than 1.5 inches.

I started taking a bunch of supplement in late January which include, Maca, wild yam root, fish oil: AHA 1000, 200 mgCo-Q10-but switched to Ubiquinol about two weeks ago, Prenatal, antioxidant-has ALA, N-acetyl L cysteine, Spirulina, Wheat grass tablets and Inositol.

I use a CBFM and also cross test with the CB digital as I am getting closer to my HIGH/PEAK days.

I have been TTC since February. In Feb and March my CBFM showed 4 HIGH days before PEAK and this matched my CB digital ovulation tests.

In late March,I got some sort of weird allergic reaction to something,probably from a nature hike that resulted in welts that spread on my body. I had an injection of steroid to calm things down and used a dose pack for 2 days afterwards.

This allergic reaction occurred the day BEFORE my RE had me take Femara. I took 7.5mg of Femara on CD 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger on CD 10. She had me trigger that day because I had three large follicles ready to go: 16, 17 and 21. My lining was 9.5 I was traveling so the only option was TI.

I tested using my CBFM and CB digital fully aware that data might be skewed having taken Femara and Ovidrel. That said on CD 12 as has been the case in my past two cycles of testing, I showed a PEAK. What I did not show this 3rd cycle was four days of highs. I only showed one day of a high(Cd 11) and then the PEAK on cd 12.

Unfortunately I did not get PG this cycle on limited meds but I did manage to develop a UTI. Not sure why because I don't normally get those. Could have been all the BDing and walking as I was traveling and sight seeing in NYC and potentially dehydrated.

I got put on a short course of Macrobid (4 days) but that didn't seem to cure it so a week later I had to go on a 7 day course of Cipro. Finished that going into the early days of my 4th cycle TTC. Opted out of using meds this cycle because I was concerned that my poor liver and kidneys might need a rest after the bout of surgery, followed by steroids followed by UTI medication.

I also started my period on CD 26 vs. cd 27 when I would normally start my period.

This is my 4th month TTC. So far, I am back to "my normal health" with no UTI and no rash. Thank goodness. I decided to add DHEA to the mix of supplements to take. This was after much research and reading and indecisiveness. So I added in 50 mg of micronized DHEA.

So here I am on CD 13 with NO HIGH on my CBFM at all. It is still reading LOW. And by now given the experience on the last three cycles I would have already O'ed. I realize that my 3rd cycle was on meds so it is not as easy to use that as a true cycle.

I am wondering if the DHEA is the culprit and what experience any of you might have with this supplement. I told my RE that I wanted to use injectibles and Femara along with IUI this next cycle but I am really wondering if somehow the Femara changed my hormones or if it is possible that 10 days worth of DHEA could change things so quickly?

I am 6 months into being 45 so I guess it is possible that my body and my cycle is changing too but who knows?

Looking for an opinion and any insight you all might be willing to give.
of .55

For what it is worth.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

May 4th, 2012, 7:22 pm #5

it might be the dhea. femara never screwed me up and i took it many times. your body may be recovering from all the weirdness of the past few months and you may have an anovulatory cycle. i'm kind of scared of dhea but you may or may not have a reaction but have you had a blood test showing what level dhea-s you are at? if mid to high normal level, i wouldn't take it.

either way i would give it some time at any rate. you need to know your level of dhea because that stuff can cause some weird reactions.
I don't think it is the DHEA, although I think I am going to stop taking it. I think it was the two courses of antibiotics that are messing up this cycle. There seems to be enough evidence from what I am researching that the combination from having had an infection via UTI thus causing stress on my body AND some antibiotics can delay ovulation, has in fact, delayed my ovulation.

anne
anne

May 4th, 2012, 9:07 pm #6

of .55

For what it is worth.
what that means, but i think mine is less than yours. i was pretty regular until 6 months ago and i screwed with my system with so much self diagnosing that things are crazy now.

at any rate sure, it could definitely be the infection and anitbiotics. dhea does work for some people, there are a few legit reports, but you should be careful with it because it is a hormonal steroid.

take heart, you'll probably get everything normalised soon.

Confirmation of reply: