anne - good luck today with your OB

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

March 28th, 2012, 3:20 pm #1

thinking of you.

anne
anne

March 28th, 2012, 3:47 pm #2

thanks. they just called. he will be out today. what a sucky week.

appt for tomorrow.

my re has dumped me except for de. i think if i do de it will most definitely not be with him. i like him but have been treated like an afterthought.

i'm getting to the point where i dislike doctors in general. these docs don't give a crap, they just want their money.

hope you are having a better time of it.

Kim
Kim

March 28th, 2012, 3:50 pm #3

Not sure where you live but Dr. Ch.eck's (Coop.er Insti.tute)office is always willing to help anyone at almost any age! He has offices in PA/NJ area, and many travel to see him. I did.

anne
anne

March 28th, 2012, 3:56 pm #4

i'm running out of funds. the cost of seeing a new doc with the flight and hotel would be a couple k's. don't know if hubby would go for it as he sees the balance of my credit card already spent for no results. he is okay with not having children, at least that is what he says.

the weird thing is cooper has a satellite office here with dr. chu.ong who has a terrible rep.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 28th, 2012, 4:55 pm #5

We are in Mass, are 100% self-pay and struggling on the financial side, but decided to go with one last "Hail Mary". I was not comfortable with New Hope, though lots of women are having good experiences there. My RE here in Mass is terrific but we could not afford his IVF costs though we did a couple of unsuccessful IUI's with him (sigh - wish I could have that money back). Based on travel costs and hassle factors, and the big one, cost of IVF, we are with CNY out of Albany/Latham, NY. Self-pay was $7,125, without meds, for 3 cycles, but includes everything else. We were not successful on our first round but have 2 more to go. We sacrificed a car for this - my car is a 1994. We need one. But, I only have so much time to try IVF. I have found CNY to be strong with communication and compassion. I like Dr. Grossman alot and his assistant has been terrific. I think they are strong with DE but we are still stubbornly trying with OE. We didn't check stats (people may think I'm crazy) but I feel like they have a strong DE program, a good RE, as good a lab as any, strong communication, and they have reasonably priced IVF.

You may be in California for all I know. But if you are on the east coast maybe it's a reasonably priced option for you....?

(No, I have absolutely no affiliation with them. Zero. I just think $7,125 for 3 cycles - though expensive - is less than most RE's. If anything, I love Dr. Cardone in Mass - he gave us our DD.)

anne
anne

March 28th, 2012, 6:31 pm #6

i'm almost as south as you can get from ny. i'm near houston texas. 7k is a great price and you are probably a lot younger than me. most docs won't work with my numbers. this current re was a last chance for iui, that's why i put up with such CRAPPY service.

i wouldn't do ivf anyway, i don't know that the success rates are any better than iui or ti for my age bracket.

i really do appreciate your feedback, wish i could take advantage of it.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 28th, 2012, 6:50 pm #7

I hear you loud and clear. I feel like I'm a dart and just throwing myself at the board and hoping I hit the bullseye each month. We did 2 unsuccessful IUI's and 2 unsuccessful IVF's. I just feel at my age that IVF is the only shot we have. I am 45. So really, really stretching here. We did have our dd at almost 42 via IVF - if that gives you any inspiration.

It's sure tough finding people to work with you, isn't it? I was booted out by the very first RE that we had. At age 39 and FSH of 15.8.

I wish you luck. And me. And all of us that are here.

anne
anne

March 28th, 2012, 8:18 pm #8

it makes me want to SCREAM. i cannot believe that this profession is so corrupt. i always thought doctors were supposed to be different. caring. supposed to help you succeed.

reality is completely different. unless of course you are a celebrity.

Confirmation of reply: