(x-post) IUI #1 done/ Question about length LH surge

(x-post) IUI #1 done/ Question about length LH surge

ALM
ALM

March 30th, 2011, 1:40 am #1

Hi Ladies,

Had IUI #1 done at about 11:45am. After the IUI, the RE did u/s and I had one ~24 on the right, and 2 on the left at 18 and 19.....Sunday's E2 was 973!! Is that bad? I was baffled by that and hope these eggs aren't fried.

?? - Did OPK around 5am today - negative. Waited and did another one after the IUI around 2pm, hadn't used restroom in several hours, it was smiling back at me! positive.

Now, I just got home and walked my dog and did another...negative. I used the restroom less than an hour before, do you think it's possible that's why it's negative? I'm trying to wait a couple of hours and test again....

That would be very odd to have the LH surge for that short of time, wouldn't it? I go in tomorrow morning @ 8:45am for IUI #2 and then I'm officially in the 2ww.

Babydust to all!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 30th, 2011, 2:04 am #2

Fwiw each mature follicle can have an E2 range from 200 to 600, your reading sounds fine for 3.

ALM
ALM

March 30th, 2011, 2:45 am #3

for LH surge, I guess I hadn't waited long enough to go to bathroom when I tested earlier. I feel relieved. I was concerned I had a very short surge.

maureen
maureen

March 30th, 2011, 2:01 pm #4

Hi Ladies,

Had IUI #1 done at about 11:45am. After the IUI, the RE did u/s and I had one ~24 on the right, and 2 on the left at 18 and 19.....Sunday's E2 was 973!! Is that bad? I was baffled by that and hope these eggs aren't fried.

?? - Did OPK around 5am today - negative. Waited and did another one after the IUI around 2pm, hadn't used restroom in several hours, it was smiling back at me! positive.

Now, I just got home and walked my dog and did another...negative. I used the restroom less than an hour before, do you think it's possible that's why it's negative? I'm trying to wait a couple of hours and test again....

That would be very odd to have the LH surge for that short of time, wouldn't it? I go in tomorrow morning @ 8:45am for IUI #2 and then I'm officially in the 2ww.

Babydust to all!
I think that your mixed results were because of timing. It is my understanding that LH shows up in urine in the afternoon, so that would explain why you didn't see it in the morning test.

Also, the concentration of your urine will affect the result too. You need enough LH concentrated to make a line, so that would explain why you didn't see one when you weren't using well perculated urine;)

Looks like you have a great surge AND great follies. Good luck!
Maureen