weird!

weird!

May 11th, 2011, 8:14 pm #1

HI All,

I am doing natural cycles (since i don't respond to any drugs). Last cycle I actually ovulated but i guess our timing was not perfect it didn't work out. Have been having u/s since and we saw one follicle growing....then all of a sudden it stalled (yesterdays u/s) and today I got my period! Its day 19?????

I am yet to hear back from RE but usually my cycles are as long as 60 days...whats going on here? any ideas?

Yesterday when i saw the follicle had stalled i was so down and then today a period? This really sucks!

gisg

May 11th, 2011, 8:21 pm #2

im really sorry - ((hugs)) hopefully your RE will get back to you shortly.

JulesM
JulesM

May 11th, 2011, 8:25 pm #3

HI All,

I am doing natural cycles (since i don't respond to any drugs). Last cycle I actually ovulated but i guess our timing was not perfect it didn't work out. Have been having u/s since and we saw one follicle growing....then all of a sudden it stalled (yesterdays u/s) and today I got my period! Its day 19?????

I am yet to hear back from RE but usually my cycles are as long as 60 days...whats going on here? any ideas?

Yesterday when i saw the follicle had stalled i was so down and then today a period? This really sucks!

gisg
Was he monitoring labs too?

Mary
Mary

May 11th, 2011, 9:41 pm #4

HI All,

gisg
Sorry to hear about the weird cycle!! Perhaps you have a left over cycst from previous cycle that is causing your short cycle. It happened to me twice after a failed ivf cycle. I had two 19 day cycle after that and RE said not to worry.

May 11th, 2011, 10:43 pm #5

HI All,

gisg
maybe it's a leftover corpus luteum? And without b/w it's hard to tell what could be going on. Were you only doing u/s?

P.S. - I responded to the prayer post below.

May 11th, 2011, 10:52 pm #6

RE thought it was just some abnormal bleeding..cannot be a period....asked me to call again if flow continues tomm....i think its a period coz i have had proper flow all day today.

he only does u/s and does progesterone testing to confirm ovulation.

that one follicle just stalled so maybe its a good thing the period started and hopefully some new ones will grow!

thanks for ur responses.

gisg

Mary
Mary

May 12th, 2011, 1:39 am #7

From my experience my 19 day cycle was a lighter period and shorter but it was a period.

May 12th, 2011, 2:49 am #8

Its a proper flow..I cannot imagine how..my lining yesterday was only 6.6??
plus that lone follicle had completely stalled.....
I am going to ask for a day 3 test of FSH, E2 etc etc.

gisg