use of natural progesterone - when ok in cycle?

use of natural progesterone - when ok in cycle?

mel
mel

April 4th, 2011, 9:24 pm #1

I'm in need of some help please...

March 2nd was my first AF in almost 6 months. I got it to come back naturally after stopping my marathon training, making changes to my diet and doing acupuncture.

So, this was to be my first TTC cycle, but I didn't ovulate and now I'm on CD 33 and I don't know if my period is going to show up or not. I feel like it might, but then again, I also felt ovulation pains, but never got a + on the OPK or any CM this cycle.

I bought natural progesterone cream and want to try it, but I'm not sure when to do it. Since I'm on CD 33 and I don't know whether AF is going to show up or not, is it okay to use it at this point in the cycle or should I wait longer?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 5th, 2011, 12:17 am #2

Check below.

I am guessing here that natural is the same as prescribed in that you have to e sure you have ovulated. If you know, for a fact, that you have ovulated then you can use it. It was mentioned to me that starting it too soon could be bad.

Good Luck!
Sara H.

April 5th, 2011, 2:16 am #3

March 2nd was my first AF in almost 6 months. I got it to come back naturally after stopping my marathon training, making changes to my diet and doing acupuncture.

So, this was to be my first TTC cycle, but I didn't ovulate and now I'm on CD 33 and I don't know if my period is going to show up or not. I feel like it might, but then again, I also felt ovulation pains, but never got a + on the OPK or any CM this cycle.

I bought natural progesterone cream and want to try it, but I'm not sure when to do it. Since I'm on CD 33 and I don't know whether AF is going to show up or not, is it okay to use it at this point in the cycle or should I wait longer?

I took a cycle break from Check and surprise. Nothing happened. I did plan to use natural progesterone. If you have read any of Dr. Lee's book on the use of natural prog he suggests as other posters noted to start after O. If you are not ovulating he suggests doing 14 days on/14 days off and trying to get your cycle back on track. That said the best time to do it is beginning the day after O + 13 days later. I guess if you aren't sure you could do a blood test to check? I've either done an O kit, or bloodtest.

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm #4

"I've either done an O kit"

What is this? Is it a Dr thing or somehting you did on your own?

Very curious!
Thanks!
Sara H.

April 5th, 2011, 12:48 pm #5

Ovulation kit/sticks/monitor etc. I have mostly done the sticks but I am thinking of investing in the digital monitor which also tracks LH surge. Not sure.

April 5th, 2011, 9:18 pm #6

I know how difficult it can be waiting and being tempted to do the progesterone suspecting you haven't o'd. I just had to wait a few months for af- and glad I did as I eventually ovulated on my own. And one point i was crying down the phone asking dr for progesterone although i had the natural stuff at home. I knew if I tried to induce a period with progesterone it would make me happier for a while but I would know if i hadnt o'd the problem hadnt been solved. I would try and sit it out a little longer.
I know its hard.
Hopefully you body will work it's magic itself.

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 6th, 2011, 2:04 am #7

Ovulation kit/sticks/monitor etc. I have mostly done the sticks but I am thinking of investing in the digital monitor which also tracks LH surge. Not sure.
Have gotten so used to calling them OKP I totally forgot!

Wow, silly me!
Ha!