Update on 2nd Beta - day 14, BFP mentioned

Update on 2nd Beta - day 14, BFP mentioned

mtoto2
mtoto2

June 30th, 2011, 8:22 pm #1

Hi, I went in yesterday for 2nd beta - a little early coz my calendar was off - so it was day 14 and it had gone up from 95 to 225. I am excited but it's so hard to just let go and enjoy the moment after 2 Chemicals - one of them being from 1st ivf, 1 miscarriage - Trisomy9, 2 failed IUIs and to top it off, I turned 44 yrs in January. Now it's the little nail biting milestones that are endless - 1st you check your FSH, E2 levels, then check your AFC - only have like 2 or 3, then take meds and hope you respond, then hope lining is thick enough - mine doesn't seem to get past 7 even after downing loads of pineapple and icecream, then you go to ER hoping you have at least enough to proceed with to ET, then you hope you have enough embryos which are viable, then the dreaded 2ww, then the beta levels and hoping they double if it's positive, then worrying about any chromosomal abnormalities and so on and so forth - wow.

My first ultra sound isn't until July 15th which will be exactly one month after ER. Does this seem a bit too long of a wait. I feel that when I had my IUIs at a different clinic, I was monitored at least once a week if not twice even when it was just a little dot and hardly anything to see.

Hugs & Good Luck to all of you ........

gisg
gisg

June 30th, 2011, 8:52 pm #2

mtoto2,
with that history i cannot imagine how hard it must be not to worry BUT your betas look great and u got to hold on to hope! The milestones are hard so the only thing to keep you going is positive vibes and faith that everything will work out this time around.

i am wishing u the best...

gisg

AJ
AJ

June 30th, 2011, 8:57 pm #3

Hi, I went in yesterday for 2nd beta - a little early coz my calendar was off - so it was day 14 and it had gone up from 95 to 225. I am excited but it's so hard to just let go and enjoy the moment after 2 Chemicals - one of them being from 1st ivf, 1 miscarriage - Trisomy9, 2 failed IUIs and to top it off, I turned 44 yrs in January. Now it's the little nail biting milestones that are endless - 1st you check your FSH, E2 levels, then check your AFC - only have like 2 or 3, then take meds and hope you respond, then hope lining is thick enough - mine doesn't seem to get past 7 even after downing loads of pineapple and icecream, then you go to ER hoping you have at least enough to proceed with to ET, then you hope you have enough embryos which are viable, then the dreaded 2ww, then the beta levels and hoping they double if it's positive, then worrying about any chromosomal abnormalities and so on and so forth - wow.

My first ultra sound isn't until July 15th which will be exactly one month after ER. Does this seem a bit too long of a wait. I feel that when I had my IUIs at a different clinic, I was monitored at least once a week if not twice even when it was just a little dot and hardly anything to see.

I know how hard it is to wait in between u/s and Dr. visits praying that everything is ok. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

bigboy
bigboy

June 30th, 2011, 9:28 pm #4

congrats!
honestly that u/s time seems about right. sounds like you will be a smidge over 6 weeks so they will be looking for a gestational sac, yolk sac and heartbeat.
sometimes the ultrasounds at 5 weeks and or 5 1/2 weeks can be needlessly stressful, as sometimes you will see yolk sac sometimes not, sometimes heartbeat, sometimes not, so i overall just think it's better to wait until 6 weeks myself.

June 30th, 2011, 9:41 pm #5

I'm keeping you in my thoughts for a successful pregnancy.

MargieD
MargieD

July 1st, 2011, 1:37 am #6

Congrats! n/t

July 1st, 2011, 1:56 am #7

Congratulations! n/t

Gi8
Gi8

July 1st, 2011, 2:08 am #8

Congrats... and peace! :) nt

mtoto2
mtoto2

July 1st, 2011, 2:20 pm #9

Thank you all

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

July 1st, 2011, 4:12 pm #10

continues to look really good!! I haven't read through other's responses but if no one's mentioned it already....PLEASE PLEASE post on the over 40 board too! They would love even more so to hear of a nice BFP like yours at 44. This is awesome!!!

I'm travelling and short on time but don't worry about the u/s not happening until 7/15. Every clinic is different in that respect. THere's no right or wrong; some ladies welcome waiting on doing an u/s until there's more "stuff" to see; others (like me!) want to see ANYTHING even if its just a black dot.

Hang in there!!