Update from ET...

Update from ET...

Erin
Erin

March 1st, 2012, 12:08 am #1

Hi Guys- Thanks so much to you all who posted below! I actually checked the site from the waiting room while I was waiting for ET and saw your messages and was so touched. It means a lot, so thank you!

I just got back from ET followed by post-ET acupuncture (thank you DeeinNYC for the referral! I did pre and post-acupuncture to cover all my bases! ) So, the news: we transferred 2 embies- an 8-cell and a 5-cell, both with only 5% fragmentation. The 8-cell also had a "soft shell" so it didn't need assisted hatching (which I guess is good!). The other 2 embies are slow-growing at 3 and 4-cells- we did not transfer them and they are watching them, but they likely will not work out.

This is the first time we've ever had an embryo greater than 5-cells to transfer, and the first time I've been PUPO since December 2010. I'm still kind-of keeping my head down and just wishing and hoping to clear the next hurdle b/c I think if I slow down too much I will get too over-whelmed. But, it is wonderful to know we can make a good embie, and on low stims! Who knew?! Well, all of you did, so I just want to say thank you to everyone and especially to Sara Q without whom I never would have come to this site or considered low stim.

That's all I've got. Let the 2ww madness begin! Thanks again for all your positive thoughts and prayers- they are so SO very much appreciated!

NancyMN
NancyMN

March 1st, 2012, 12:13 am #2

This is so exciting!! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see how things progress for you.

AJ
AJ

March 1st, 2012, 12:14 am #3

Hi Guys- Thanks so much to you all who posted below! I actually checked the site from the waiting room while I was waiting for ET and saw your messages and was so touched. It means a lot, so thank you!

I just got back from ET followed by post-ET acupuncture (thank you DeeinNYC for the referral! I did pre and post-acupuncture to cover all my bases! ) So, the news: we transferred 2 embies- an 8-cell and a 5-cell, both with only 5% fragmentation. The 8-cell also had a "soft shell" so it didn't need assisted hatching (which I guess is good!). The other 2 embies are slow-growing at 3 and 4-cells- we did not transfer them and they are watching them, but they likely will not work out.

This is the first time we've ever had an embryo greater than 5-cells to transfer, and the first time I've been PUPO since December 2010. I'm still kind-of keeping my head down and just wishing and hoping to clear the next hurdle b/c I think if I slow down too much I will get too over-whelmed. But, it is wonderful to know we can make a good embie, and on low stims! Who knew?! Well, all of you did, so I just want to say thank you to everyone and especially to Sara Q without whom I never would have come to this site or considered low stim.

That's all I've got. Let the 2ww madness begin! Thanks again for all your positive thoughts and prayers- they are so SO very much appreciated!
Try to relax (ha ha) and don't make yourself too crazy over the next couple of weeks. I'm rooting for you- fingers crossed!!
:)AJ

anna
anna

March 1st, 2012, 12:15 am #4

My sticky one was a 7 cell with 5% frag. U have a good chance.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

March 1st, 2012, 12:21 am #5

So glad you had some good embies!!! Hoping they are snuggling in for a long winter's nap!

Houston
Houston

March 1st, 2012, 12:26 am #6

Great news!! Sounds like both have an excellent chance. I was really nervous for you. I am so glad you have such great quality embies!

mel
mel

March 1st, 2012, 12:28 am #7

Excellent news! Wishing you the best of luck!! Try to keep your mind as busy as you can in the 2ww.

Houston
Houston

March 1st, 2012, 12:42 am #8

Great news!! Sounds like both have an excellent chance. I was really nervous for you. I am so glad you have such great quality embies!
Just wanted to add that both of yours are better quality than mine on my successful cycle. Plus I only had a 8 and 4 cell. I had a 10 but it had a lot of fragmentation

March 1st, 2012, 12:50 am #9

Very excited for you!

Sara Q
Sara Q

March 1st, 2012, 1:11 am #10

Keep me updated girl! So excited for you! Have to teach tomorrow but I'll check in with you on Friday.