Ugh do I HAVE to go for a Beta if I got a - HPT?

Ugh do I HAVE to go for a Beta if I got a - HPT?

teresa
teresa

February 9th, 2012, 8:00 pm #1

I'm supposed to go on Monday for a Beta.
I just took a HPT, used FRER.
BFN.
All my other HPTs came back + early- and I have every sign of AF coming.
Will they make me go for a beta, even with the - HPT?
So bummed.
I HATE being on this progesterone too, what a MF!

anna
anna

February 9th, 2012, 8:10 pm #2

It was many cycles that I decided to skip beta and learned its emotionally harder on me. Because let's say after cd 30 re said HPT neg no beta stop p4, then the AF Wouldn't show up for another couple of days and and I still had some slight hope that I may be prg, so by not doing beta I inc my 14 days wait to like 17 and every day..well is like a month to me. So if ur ins covers it, just do the beta, 1st of all u never know, and 2nd its emotionally easier to move on( what if I had chemical, what if I lost my prg because I stopped p4, these were the voice inside my head)

Good luck and hugs to u.

Sara H
Sara H

February 9th, 2012, 8:37 pm #3

BFN.
So bummed.
Since so many symptoms are the same, as you probably know from previous pgs.

I will add that I did a lot of cycles that were negative, over 36 of them, and on some I did wait for AF and get my beta at the same time as my day 2 blood work. But, I always started AF if I was on p4 or not.

You have been pg before so are probably more attuned to what is what in that department, and know your own body, but if you don't get AF by then I agree with Anna and say go!

Good luck and finger's crossed!
Sara H

teresa
teresa

February 9th, 2012, 9:06 pm #4

I'm due for AF tuesday. Valentines Day. LOVELY!

I was wondering about that too, is this P4 going to mess up my body now? Or will I continue to ovulate next cycle normal?

When I researched P4 and Af, I see many dont get AF til AFTER stopping the P4. The Cooper Nurse told me to go for beta monday and then if - i could stop it. I would just assume stop it sooner so my cycle comes on time.

I think realizing I'm 6 months to 40 the other day just threw me over the edge, and the - HPT got me bummed and now I just want to go right to IVF before its too late for me. I'm scared.

Sorry to be negative..its just fear.

Thanks for writing back
T

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 9th, 2012, 9:20 pm #5

We are almost on the same schedule! I should be due around V Day as well (except now who knows... I had my P4 checked yesterday and it was only 1.7. So I don't even know if I truly o-ed or not. Very frustrating since I should be starting my IVF cycle after this...)

BUT...I was just thinking about you today and wondering how things were going and wanted to ask, but you posted before I could ask
I hope you are feeling better

BTW, I didn't see your nice message below until today, but thank you for your kind words. I had a REALLY bad day yesterday, I wish I would have seen it as it would have cheered me up some. Today is going a bit better...

anna
anna

February 9th, 2012, 10:40 pm #6

BFN.
So bummed.
I know what you mean about valentines day, if that makes you feel any better in your sympathy, for IVF#3 my E2 dropped on my birthday and I was informed that I have to convert he IVF to IUI and I got the AF on Jan 1st , the first day of new year. So thing like that happen. Hang in there. There always is a rainbow after hurricane, always

teresa
teresa

February 9th, 2012, 11:22 pm #7

it helps knowing people understand. Of all days, right?
My husband came home from work and I started crying and he held me. Now I feel bad because I dont know how this man continues to comfort me while he must be feeling so bad himself. I keep apologizing to him for my rotten sh!tty eggs/broken insides/age.
Thanks for your sweet message to me.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 9th, 2012, 11:26 pm #8

BFN.
So bummed.
What day are you post-ov? n/t

teresa
teresa

February 10th, 2012, 12:32 am #9

11 dpo and cycle day 25. I have a 30 day cycle. Historically, all my other PG's, the HPT came up + immediately and at 5 days before. I definitely feel like AF is coming, though the progesterone really mimics PG symptoms too, what a cruel mix!

jmassge
jmassge

February 10th, 2012, 12:48 am #10

BFN.
So bummed.
teresa...I am so sorry. I am scheduled for a beta on Monday as well. I have had all I can do to hold off from POAS. I will on Sunday night as my DH can't come with me on Mon and we want to find out together...This whole process is so exhausting and just sad. I can't tell if AF is coming or not. I did have spotting yesterday but it's totally gone today. Cramping still on and off...who knows....You are in my thoughts. Thank god for this board!