Trying to understand my day 3 results...

Trying to understand my day 3 results...

marley
marley

April 16th, 2011, 8:04 am #1

Hi - I've been lurking on this site for a while and am hoping to join in to get some help from this supportive group. I am 37, have high fsh and am TTC naturally for about 6 months...

I just had day 3 test done and am not sure what to make of the results. My doctor said that only my fsh came back as elevated and everything else looked 'normal', but I've been researching and while the other values are in the lab's range of 'normal', some were close to the boarderline. I also wondered if the relationship between them had significance... my doctor just said that I have High FSH (case closed)... Are there any 'experts' out there who can help?

Here are my results:

TSH: .972
FSH: 13.1
Estrodial: 64.1
Vitamin D: 36.7 ng/ml

I'm hoping to find out more about supplements that I may be able to take to help me get pregnant.

Please, can anyone help?

April 16th, 2011, 2:29 pm #2

I only know about high fsh not the other scores. Your fsh is not wildly high so don't give up hope. Also 6 months is not so long to try just be thankful you have a clear picture from now on and can look into both natural and medical routes to help boost your ability to conceive. Take inspiration from the success story's and try and find a doctor who can discuss your results in detail.

I am myself trying naturally and have had m/c rather than success yet and am sure the tips here have helped.
It also took a year of trying for anything to happen.

It's a scary diagnosis but researching the options and making a plan of what to try really helped me stay positive.

Good luck

Jane

JulesM
JulesM

April 16th, 2011, 5:25 pm #3

Hi - I've been lurking on this site for a while and am hoping to join in to get some help from this supportive group. I am 37, have high fsh and am TTC naturally for about 6 months...

I just had day 3 test done and am not sure what to make of the results. My doctor said that only my fsh came back as elevated and everything else looked 'normal', but I've been researching and while the other values are in the lab's range of 'normal', some were close to the boarderline. I also wondered if the relationship between them had significance... my doctor just said that I have High FSH (case closed)... Are there any 'experts' out there who can help?

Here are my results:

I'm hoping to find out more about supplements that I may be able to take to help me get pregnant.

Please, can anyone help?
It is all so confusing and scary getting the "high fsh" diagnosis and this board is just full of info. You can find a ton of info by using the "search" in the upper right corner of the forum. Like Jane said, your FSH is what most consider borderline although many Dr's will consider anything over 12 not treatable... therefore make sure you find a high fsh friendly doctor ASAP. Your estradiol level is somewhat elevated also, which could actually make your FSH lower than it should be... I know that's probably NOT what you want to hear. Your TSH is perfect, under 1 is ideal.

Keep asking questions and searching this board. Check out the pg despite high fsh board too for a TON of success stories!

marley
marley

April 17th, 2011, 11:09 am #4

Thanks Jules -

I did notice that my E2 seemed kind of high, though within the normal range. I've read about natural cycle supplementation of E2 to lower fsh - is that kind of the same thing (but my body is doing it naturally)?

JulesM
JulesM

April 17th, 2011, 2:38 pm #5

Yes, taking E2 in patch or pill form will lower your FSH. My old RE wouldn't start a IVF cycle if my day 2 E2 was over 50. I am currently cycling with an estrogen priming protocol (EPP). You supplement with estrogen in the luteal phase before starting the stimulation drugs. The purpose is that the estrogen will lower your FSH so when you start the stimulation drugs which have fsh you respond better. Does that make sense?
I wouldn't get too worried about it though, none of your levels are too high.

Jamie
Jamie

April 17th, 2011, 10:05 pm #6

Here are my results:

Please, can anyone help?
Welcome to the board!

Both your estrogen and your FSH are slightly elevated. They are not so elevated that your doctor should be attributing problems conceiving to either. Have you had a complete fertility workup? Your doc needs to check your uterus, tubes, and your partner's sperm. The good news is that many of us have had much higher FSH and been older than you (for instance, me!) and have found success.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help!

Jamie
Jamie

April 17th, 2011, 10:06 pm #7

If you search supplements here you'll find a ton of info.

Some of us have had great luck with 400mg of CoQ10 and 400mg of Ubiquinol, split into two doses a day. I think that's a great one to start with for egg quality.

Sara H
Sara H

April 17th, 2011, 10:57 pm #8

Here are my results:

Please, can anyone help?
It seems to me that your levels look hopeful!

I was new here just about 8 months ago so I have added some advice at the bottom that I found helpful for new folks joining the board, though you said you have been a lurker here, so you have probably pick up on a bunch of them already.

I would also add that, personally, it has been very helpful for me and my husband that we sat down when we first were told my FSH was 39 and we really decided what it was we wanted, what our ultimate goal was. For some I know it is a biological child, for some it is pregnancy, for some it is parenthood by whichever path will get them there. Sometimes knowing what the ultimate goal is makes some choices along the way easier, like how long you will try one path, when it is time to move onto another... I would say always keep your mind open so you can change it as you go, but for me and my husband knowing exactly what we wanted has helped a lot!

You have found a great place for info and support!
Welcome!
Sara H.

1) Use the "Search" on this site when you have a question (remember to push "date" so they are in order, recent to last, since you can sometimes get answers from 10 years ago!) Often I have my questions answered right there!

2) We use a LOT of acronyms here that are hard to get your head around sometimes if you are new to it! Here are 2 sources:http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/co ... 2781df2f22

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/acronyms.html

3) You will notice in some posts that people are very careful to say in the message title when things involving children and pregnancy are mentioned. So, if at some point you are mentioning pregnancy (hopefully someday yours!) or whatever just put your topic and (PG mentioned) in the title, if you have a child and mention that please put (Child mentioned) so if someone is having a bad day and knows they just can't read about it today they are forewarned! Other "disclaimers" include (DE ment) for donor egg, (Adopt ment) for adoption, (M/C ment) for miscarriage. Although we all share one thing in common, we all come from varied backgrounds so we try to be sensitive to that as much as possible.

4) When you need inspiration go peek at the "Pregnant...." board! You can cruise over to check on "friends" who have made it there or when you are feeling down... it's rather joyful to see ladies who have found success!